A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

SeitoIro: Reikon

Amesuki

INTRODUCTION:

Maybe a 56K warning in here with me pictures lawl.

Well I been hiding for a while working on Mayhem 2 and also this game, called SeitoIro: Reikon. It's a veritcal SHMUP using the basic gameplay from Radiant Silvergun and also Ikaruga, two GREAT SHMUPs from Treasure. (If you havn't played them, PLAY THEM NOW!). Anyway this is SeitoIro: Reikon a manic SHMUP, where it's built around the basis of colours, which I will explain in the gameplay section. I havn't finished this yet, I havn't even done the engine fully yet, (with all enemies, guardians, level layout ect ect). Anyway I'll get on explaining. I originally planned it to be that horizontal wintergame, but I scrapped it. It was first developed on TGF, but just now ported to MMF2 where it's getting serious!

ABOUT THE GAME:

There will be seven levels. You start at STAGE 6, why? This is because I love the idea of Radiant Silvergun's stage numbers being in chronological order. You play Primary, a ship that can change into the three primary colours, (which are RED BLUE and YELLOW in case you didnt know lol). You can only attack ships when you are in there type of colour, your bullets will change colour too, as well as your shield. So if you are attacking a blue craft, you need to be in blue formation. Also when your in that colour, all enemy bullet types of that colour get destroyed by your shield, and are absorbed into Vitality. Vitality is your life, once at zero it is game over. It's not like most SHMUPS where you have lives and one hit kills, instead you have a huge bar of life-points. I've done it this way, because I hate when you have a huge stock of ships with the same pilot keep regenerating all the time, it just ruins the story for me. Anyway, getting back on track, you start with all six weapons, they don't upgrade or anything, but you use them to get past situations. Each weapon is used at a certain time, to get past the area. There is five bosses per level, and some smaller sub-bosses as well. I'm hopefully going to have loads of different types of enemies, with new attack patterns to keep it going fresh. Thats about it for gameplay.

PICTURES:

SHMUPage1.png

Reikon2.png

Reikon4.png

Reikon3.png

SOME FACTS:

SeitoIro: Reikon means PupilColour:Soul

The six weapons are:

Linear Vulcan

Horizontal Vulcan

Spreadshock

Bomb

Sphereshot

Rapid Panicker

The music will be techno lol.

=-------------------------------------------------=

Anyway I hope you like the look of it, or like the sound of it. I'll keep you posted with both of my games from now on,

-Amesuki-

(If two posts come up of the same thing, then I am sorry)

Thanks for those comments guys! Azu, yeah I was thinking of a superbeam weapon that destroys anything, even if not in colour. I'll use that Raiden 2 beam as a idea lol!

Anyway a treat, a video. Sorry for the bad quality, but You-Tube is a bewb, my Vista lags my capture device, and oh heck, nvm.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ8ggmlhLDc

-Amesuki

Nothing much, I'm working on Chapter 6B now.

Each chapter will have three-five parts to it, and each part will be different. Chapter 6B has you flying outside with "jet-fighters" kamakarizing into your ickle ship. I have a picture of what I have done so far. Thanks for your comments! I'll promise a update of Mayhem 2 next week!

Reikon5.png

The sky flashes in the background to simulate lightning.

-=Amesuki=-