A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

~Video Games Live~

shadowgoten

http://www.videogameslive.com/

So I'm sure some of you already have heard about this, but video games live is a live orchestrated performance of ALL kinds of video game music, combined with a snazzy light show and visuals. Tommy Tallarico and Jack Wall are the composers for all the songs in the show. Jack Wall has a long track record, with his recent compositions appearing in mass effect (very nice!), and Tommy also has a long track record, with earthworm jim and some music from Metroid Prime as well as a ton of other classics.

VGL has been running 3 years strong now touring the US and FINALLY came to Orlando, first Florida gig in fact. So I went and had a fucking blast. The crowd is always pumped and the music was perfect, Tommy even hops in at times on an electric synth guitar.

Most songs opened up with an intro from a creator, like MGS, Hideo Kojima lit up on the screen and people went apeshit, and then the orchestra proceeded to melt faces. There was god of war, Zelda (which was introduced by Koji Kondo, and got a standing ovation afterwards), Myst, Civ 4, an arcade classics medley, warcraft, starcraft 2, halo 1-3, kingdom hearts, tron, etc. The list goes on! Everything was spot on and sounded amazing.

Then after the interlude, Yuji Naka popped on the screen and introduced a Sonic 1 medley to us, holy shit it was awesome! And they used a synth guitar in it which made it even better.

They also tour with Martin Leung, the guy who played the super mario bros 1-1 song blindfolded on the piano (youtube it!). Well this guy has the fingers of zeus or something because he plays like a demon. They do the blindfolded mario song, and then he takes off his blindfold and slams down a super mario world track which he speeds up halfway through and his fingers move like lightning. He also ended up playing a final fantasy medley which was amazing on the piano.

Finally at the end for the "encore" Tommy got the whole crowd insane and screaming One Winged Angel, and they then proceeded to play it, which was a kickass ending to an overall badass show.

Afterwards I got a poster for the show and got it signed by everyone, I really wanted to get a picture with Martin Leung, but he was sitting at a part of the table that didn't allow for that.

If you appreciate video game music at all, please go check the show out when it comes to your area, the crowd is so much fun and everything sounds great.

MGS, Hideo Kojima lit up on the screen and people went apeshit, and then the orchestra proceeded to melt faces (...) god of war (...) Myst (...) kingdom hearts (...) Sonic 1 medley

Holy shit

Martin Leung, the guy who played the super mario bros 1-1 song blindfolded on the piano (youtube it!).

Finally at the end for the "encore" Tommy got the whole crowd insane and screaming One Winged Angel, and they then proceeded to play it

fuckkkkmo6.gif

I'll never be able to attend to one of these ):

Did they play

by any chance? That's one bitchin track I'd kill to experience in live form.

Nor Los Angeles. They'd rather hit up Hollywood or Anaheim next door. =/

I don't want to hear that, you at least can get to Anaheim\Hollywood without TOO much effort.

Los Angeles gets special treatment all the time.