A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Gun help(GM 5.3)

Can somebody please help me how to make a character collide with a gun and store it.

I'm asking this question for my future project, Pure Shadow.

I'm having alot of trouble with it. Please help.

-Benniantor

P.S: If you don't get it, I'll give you an image to explain it a little better. Just say so. Please help

Umm...I'm guessing you want the ability to pick up and change weapons? Make a variable (call it "Guns" or something). When you hit an object, set that variable to different values. Then, make multiple events for shooting (IE : Guns = 1, then shoot at Shot Gun power; Guns = 2, then shoot at Air Rifle power).

Hope that gives you some ideas.

I'm guessing you want the ability to pick up and change weapons

Yeah.

Something like the Harvest Moon select that GamerGuy designed. Something like this below.

helppureshadow2qk.png

Something like that. The circles and stuff like that try to tell you what I mean. Can somebody please help?

Oh, I see. I was thinking more like Halo, where you switch weapons when you run across them...

Okay, make your *weapon selection* sprite, with however many weapons you want. Make a global variable (which I will call "Weapon limit")...for this example, we'll assume you want your character to start off with just two weapons, so set the variable to equal 2. Then, make a second global variable (I'll call it "Menu Selector"), and set it equal to 1 to start with. Assign the frames of animation for the *weapon selection* sprite to equal that of the "Menu Selector" variable (IE : If Menu Selector = 1, then display "Fist" frame; if Menu Selector = 2, then display "Sythe" animation, etc). Now, make a condition like this...

------------------------

If "Menu Selector" = ("Weapon limit" + 1)

Then

Set "Menu Selector" = 1

---------------------------------

If "Menu Selector" = 0

Then

Set "Menu Selector" = "Weapon limit"

-------------------------------------------

This will make it loop back to the beginning if you go past the number of weapons you have; or, if you're at the beginning, you'll jump to last weapon you have...

As you get new weapons, increase the value of the "Weapon limit".

Once you select your weapon, follow what I said before about changing the power of the weapon, based on what value the "Menu Selector" variable is.

Hope that answers your questions.