A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Mario Roots

kirbyhi5

• 3 weeks later...
I just didn't like that fairy

You can make her active or inactive through the menu, and thanks for the comment.

No more SV engine? I thought it was quite cool that people still use it to this day.

It still has some elements of SV engine in there. (although collisions is more on using fastloops and alterable values for detecting collisions.) (using alt values for animation was a neat idea)I learned tons by messing around with it though.

And now it's time to show what'll hopefully be at this years SAGE.

June 11, 2009

NEWS: I decided instead of spoiling the main story AND so previous players aren't playing the same thing from last years sage, I'd make up a mini-story with a stage select including new content. Sorta like what Blue did for Sonic Frenzy Adventure.

Video

Will only be 4 stages. Short and to the point. Yes I just tried to pull off a god of war type of thing in a Mario fan game.

It's normal. Mario's starting defense is set pretty low for level 5. (I set you off at the default level 5 with pre-set stats). I guess I'll have to give the players some distribution points so they can choose what stats they want. Actually I was about to die on several occasions(especially during the boss), but level up grants you full hp/fp, and just my luck it occurred during the boss. (would of had to record all over again if I lost)

Yeah no more tanking the way through the level I suppose. Enemies drop items such as mushrooms at random which well balance things I hope.

• 1 month later...

I just hope it runs fast on most computers. (although it should since I switched to HWA) Wish I could test it on others besides my OS.

June 17, 2009

NEWS: SAGE is almost here and I'm really looking for a play tester. If you have some free time and don't mind checking a few things out with my sage entry, PM me! Thanks!