A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

MP3 in MMF2?

Turbohog

Right, so I was just about ready to release a demo, but my MP3 won't work on other PC's. I tried using direct show, and I set the path to "/music.mp3", but that didn't work. And then I tried the MCI object. I think I didn't use that one properly though. To play the music I used this command:

"music.mp3"

and then

"music.mp3"

But that didn't work either. So I'm a bit lost here. Help would be very appreciated and of course, whoever helps would get Repped.

I agree with TRD ( I need to convert my mp3's myself =P ) and if you don't know already, WinLAME is a great little open-source audio converting tool.

Also about using MCI, I believe you need to do LOAD ( or maybe it was OPEN ) and then the path and your second command would just be play and the path. I.E. "PLAY .\music.mp3"

Using direct show, you probably already know this, but you need to load the file and then play it. You can't just tell it to load and expect it to work. =P

And my final piece of advice, the / slash ( next to right shift key ) is only for webaddresses. You need to use the \ slash ( between backspace and enter ) for file names. Also, putting a period before the slash means you want to use the directory of the application. So instead of setting the path to "/music.mp3", you'd set it to ".\music.mp3"

• Like 1

I agree with TRD ( I need to convert my mp3's myself =P ) and if you don't know already, WinLAME is a great little open-source audio converting tool.

Also about using MCI, I believe you need to do LOAD ( or maybe it was OPEN ) and then the path and your second command would just be play and the path. I.E. "PLAY .\music.mp3"

Using direct show, you probably already know this, but you need to load the file and then play it. You can't just tell it to load and expect it to work. =P

And my final piece of advice, the / slash ( next to right shift key ) is only for webaddresses. You need to use the \ slash ( between backspace and enter ) for file names. Also, putting a period before the slash means you want to use the directory of the application. So instead of setting the path to "/music.mp3", you'd set it to ".\music.mp3"

I actually did do that with the MCI object, I thought I pasted the whole code, but I guess I didn't. And the \ and . thing worked. Thanks everyone. Repped

• 2 weeks later...