A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Level Editing

Kasei Honoo

Hey every one. As of right now I'm trying to figure out a way to change the test level in my game from the one that shows all the gimmicks ect. Is there a fast way to remove only the Background and like the monitors enemies and obstacles all that jazz without making the engine go crazy @.@

In most instances... if everything is placed right.

First move your player start thingy off to the side.

Click at the top left of the canvas (bot no further left or above than the canvas), go all the way down and delete everything.

Hopefully nothing will be broken... but I'm not promising.

The good news is that you have to do this only once and then you can just make a blank template level to rely on from then on.

This is why as I make things, I make copies of important objects outside of the frame window. Then when you want to delete everything, you shouldn't lose anything because it all exists outside of the frame.

Of course though, you could make a blank frame, make your level and such, bring in your objects you want/need for the level, and then copy/paste the events into the new frame.

The Sonic Worlds engine has a copy of most vital Active Objects off to the side of the frame, so I think it's pretty safe to just wipe the whole thing clean.

At least that was the case in the early beta I used, it might be a bit different in whatever version you're using.