A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Phantom Hourglass Anyone?

TRD

A link to the past.

EDIT: I got this now. =D

I like it so far, the touch screen controls isn't as bad as I thought it would be, and the graphics are nice on the DS.

No gripes so far.

(Tetra is stupid for jumping on that ship though. >_>)

So did anyone figure out that whole "press the map" puzzle?

I couldn't figure it out at all, I just knew it involved having the Sea Chart up. So eventually I just said fuck it I'll check gamefaqs and closed my DS, and then I read what needs to be done and open my DS and TA DA! Mission Complete! That was the coolest puzzle ever, but also THE most annoying.

So did anyone figure out that whole "press the map" puzzle?

I couldn't figure it out at all, I just knew it involved having the Sea Chart up. So eventually I just said fuck it I'll check gamefaqs and closed my DS, and then I read what needs to be done and open my DS and TA DA! Mission Complete! That was the coolest puzzle ever, but also THE most annoying.

They did something similar in Hotel Dusk. Someone was talking about the puzzle and mentioned that game, and I realized what to do about a minute later. Pretty sneaky sis!

I'm in the...er...5th dungeon now. There's more than I thought there would be, and it's kinda getting fun now, though whoever came up with the Cave that sucks your hearts away deserves a kick in the balls.

Beat the 2nd one, working on getting to the 3rd one.

whoever came up with the Cave that sucks your hearts away deserves a kick in the balls.

Whoever thought up of phantoms that can send you back to the floor entrance in one shot deserves a kick in the balls.

That was the coolest puzzle ever.

Agreed, the game is really living up to the hype.

I'd probably wouldn't had figured it out without Gamefaqs neither. =P

Just got the Phantom Sword (read: Master Sword, but replace the triforce mark with an hourglass) and I'm heading back to the cave...again to, presumably, beat the game.

The grapple hook is fucking sick. A hookshot, tightrope, AND giant slingshot? Yes please!

The thing I don't really like is the dungeons: this is a handheld Zelda, so it's going to be more along the lines of the other handheld Zeldas, as opposed to big labyrinths and crazy rooms and shit, but at the same time I prefer that over Zelda-lite, even if the DS can't exactly handle dungeons in the same vein as Wind Waker.

Oh well.

EDIT: Just beat it.

Pretty rad ending. I liked the final fight(s). Much more climactic than TP, and Linebeck provided an interesting role in the finale. For a split second, I thought I was going to play as him (which would have been amazing.) Seems like they make a nice little nod to Link's Awakening, too. Really fun.