A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Heroes all soundeffects

I would guess that the .pac files are some type of compressed archive of .wav data. Surely there is a utility somewhere that can do that...

EDIT:

There is a file called SH_VOICE_E.afs that contains all of the voices. Here is what you need to do:

1. Get the file SH_VOICE_E.afs out of the "bgm" directory on your Sonic Heroes disc.

2. Use AFSEXPLORER (just do a Google search) to extract all of the .ahx files from the .afs archive. (You will need to check the "Ignore descriptor length" box in the Config menu (F1) )

3. Use AHX2WAV to convert your .ahx files to .wav.

4. There you go.

I would guess that the .pac files are some type of compressed archive of .wav data. Surely there is a utility somewhere that can do that...

EDIT:

There is a file called SH_VOICE_E.afs that contains all of the voices. Here is what you need to do:

1. Get the file SH_VOICE_E.afs out of the "bgm" directory on your Sonic Heroes disc.

2. Use AFSEXPLORER (just do a Google search) to extract all of the .ahx files from the .afs archive. (You will need to check the "Ignore descriptor length" box in the Config menu (F1) )

3. Use AHX2WAV to convert your .ahx files to .wav.

4. There you go.

I want the voice clips too. I've been looking for them.

I'm doing how you explained:

I've found "SH_VOICE_E.afs" and I've found "AFSEXPLORER". Now what? I have a list of lots of names here, but I don't know how to use "AHX2WAV" here.

Please help.

OK, more explanation on how to run AFSEXPLORER:

1. Double click on it to run it.

2. Press F1 and check the "Ignore Descriptor's Length" box.

3. Import the .asf file. (File>Import ASF File...)

4. After the loading bar goes away, click on the "Export Folder" icon at the top of the of the ASFEXPLORER window.

5. Select the location for the destination folder of .ahx files in the window that pops up and click OK.

6. Go to the location that you selected for the .ahx files to be dumped to and look for a folder called "FULL_AFS_FILE_DUMP". It should be full of .ahx files.

Now that you have .ahx files, convert them .wav using AHX2WAV. I am not sure if you all know how to use the command line, so I will explain:

1. Copy AHX2WAV to the your folder of .ahx files.

2. Move your folder of .ahx files to an easy to get access place. (C:\ is fine.)

3. Select "Run" in the Start Menu and type "cmd" in the open box. Then click open.

4. In the black screen that comes up, type "cd <location>" where <location> is the folder path and press Enter. (If you copied the folder to C:\, then you will type "cd C:\FULL_AFS_FILE_DUMP".)

5. Type "AHX2WAV <filename>" where <filename> is the name of the file that you want to convert and press Enter.

6. You should now have a .wav file in your folder of .ahx files.

7. To convert all files, type "AHX2WAV *.ahx". This may take a while and may fill a huge space on your HD. (I haven't tried to convert them all myself.)

8. Enjoy your .wav files.

It works for me.

Then why don't you send me the files throught pm?

First of all, I see that you are Temp Banned, so I can't do that. Even if I did, it would be one huge, messy DL. Also, I am not sure what the policy is here about distributing files from Sega's games.

Secondly, did you even try to dump the files yourself using the new tutorial? If your specialty is "possibly programming" then this should be easy for you. Where you get stuck?

How do I create a new directory?

My mistake, just click on a location that already exists. (Desktop would work great.)

Updated tutorial.

OK, more explanation on how to run AFSEXPLORER:

1. Double click on it to run it.

2. Press F1 and check the "Ignore Descriptor's Length" box.

3. Import the .asf file. (File>Import ASF File...)

4. After the loading bar goes away, click on the "Export Folder" icon at the top of the of the ASFEXPLORER window.

5. Select the location for the destination folder of .ahx files in the window that pops up and click OK.

6. Go to the location that you selected for the .ahx files to be dumped to and look for a folder called "FULL_AFS_FILE_DUMP". It should be full of .ahx files.

Now that you have .ahx files, convert them .wav using AHX2WAV. I am not sure if you all know how to use the command line, so I will explain:

1. Copy AHX2WAV to the your folder of .ahx files.

2. Move your folder of .ahx files to an easy to get access place. (C:\ is fine.)

3. Select "Run" in the Start Menu and type "cmd" in the open box. Then click open.

4. In the black screen that comes up, type "cd <location>" where <location> is the folder path and press Enter. (If you copied the folder to C:\, then you will type "cd C:\FULL_AFS_FILE_DUMP".)

5. Type "AHX2WAV <filename>" where <filename> is the name of the file that you want to convert and press Enter.

6. You should now have a .wav file in your folder of .ahx files.

7. To convert all files, type "AHX2WAV *.ahx". This may take a while and may fill a huge space on your HD. (I haven't tried to convert them all myself.)

8. Enjoy your .wav files.

It works for me.

Thanks a lot!

I've been looking all over for these files!

I didn't know there were so many voice clips. Yikes... I'm specially glad about Ryan's (Sonic's), Scott's (Knuckles') and David's (Shadow's) voice clips. They will do just right for my game. Oh, and I'll sure need William's (Tails') and Bill's (Espio's) clips, too. These 5 characters will be the main ones. Although I'd like to have more Corey Bringas than William Corkery. Corey sounds so much better than him. Anyway, it may be better than Amy Palant. And I know good clips made by Corey. I think I'll do fine.

So I guess that means that you got it to work? *Breathes sigh of relief.* I am glad that it worked out for you. Hopefully it will be a help to others too.

Have fun.

I extracted them all, and it took less than 10 minutes.

And I can't believe that there are hundreds of voice clips from each character. Maybe I'm overreacting, but they are all together around 4500 voice clips. It's outstanding.

Well, thanks for the help. :ssmile: