A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

GTA2 Multiplayer- Come Play

GTA2 is now free, and has some sort of online capability. Can't we just all download that and run around and shoot shix? And umm.. I wasn't sure whether to bump the other topic which is probably like 3 pages back now. >.>

::has just downloaded it, and mapped the controls to his gamepad::

Links:

GTA2 Download

Game Hunter Client

>.>

Guest Shadix

In response to your last post in this topic:

http://sonicfangaming.proboards67.com/index.cgi?board=generaldiscussion&action=display&thread=1147054899&page=3

How do you know that this game is going to be ACCESSABLE forever, do you even know if everyone is going be able to run it.

Plus, if you loved the game so much why didn't decide to not be a cheap *** and pay for it.

The game is going to be accessable forever because it works on user hosted servers. Not centralized servers a la World of Warcraft or something like that.

Everyone, I mean everyone, will be able to run it. The top of the line computers in 99 are absolutely bargain bin nowadays. Rockstar even had to modify it to work because common parts now are too advanced.

And he loves it because he JUST NOW played it. God.

Guest Shadix
The game is going to be accessable forever because it works on user hosted servers. Not centralized servers a la World of Warcraft or something like that.

Everyone, I mean everyone, will be able to run it. The top of the line computers in 99 are absolutely bargain bin nowadays. Rockstar even had to modify it to work because common parts now are too advanced.

And he loves it because he JUST NOW played it. God.

Ok, that last statement went to his statement about Bomberman online in the topic I linked to.

Because eventually you have to leave? That's like smoking half a cigarette or printing out half of your essay due the next day. And besides.. GTA2 will always be FREE. ::killed::

I figured it was relative enough to just post the reply here rather than start a new topic.

and what I mean by compatibility is the fact that alot of those late 90s games that I've played have been a pain in the butt to get online with XP. I'm not talking about people not having enough juice to run it, I'm talking about people having too much juice to support it.

and after reading that this was I modified version to support XP I apologize for the first part of my statement.

Just a note, this is NOT the offical SFGHQ game or anything. Just a "Hey if you want to play a free simple game together, cool."

It is top down run around shoot stuff. And it's quite fun in multiplayer. GTA2 has lots of cool hiding places and stuff for ambushing. :)

It's awesome, as long as everyone has a ping that's decent. If not there are lots of sputters which makes it hard to play and annoying. But yes, it's great fun. You can literally spend hours running around shooting people and running them over and not even realize it. I say that because I started playing around 4, and when I realized I was hungry it was 6PM and I was like "wtf." >.>

Azu: ::Shrug::

I'd like yo warn you all that the people on Game Hunter can be.. let's just say stupid. Currently some guy is talking about someone's mom. And they're really stupid about getting games started, which is one of the reasons we need more SFG'ers in the place. I go by Scatta in there.

I'll go by Azu/Sodisna.

Below is a double post that has been automagically merged into the original.

Well, just for kicks. I'll be hosting a Server on SA-MP. For those of you who have it, you're welcome to join.

San Andreas Multiplayer

If you don't, you can play GTA2, or some other...free game...

EDIT: By the way, if you to mod your car.

http://azz.gouranga.com/carmanager2/cars.shtml