A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

What would you like to see for the next Sonic game?

Stritix

Sonic Lost World is out. It has received a mixed reception. Scoring 5/10's from some reviewers, and 9/10's from others. The Wii U version holds a Metacritic score of 63, wheras the 3DS version holds a Metacritic score of 61.

What would you like to see for the next Sonic game? I would personally like to see the parkour gameplay return, but sped up, and for "grounded" regular level design to return, more creative level tropes, and tougher bosses. I think the parkour gameplay has a lot of potential. I would also like to see other characters playable, but that might be pushing it as SEGA seems to just want Sonic as the only playable character right now.

I'd love to think about it but I'm still waiting on the current next Sonic game to come out. :P I've liked what I've played and seen of Lost World so more than likely when I'm done with it by the end of the week I'm going to want another game like Lost World.

It'd also be nice to see another original handheld Sonic that isn't just a counter-part to a console version. I know there's been stuff like Dash and Jump, but something for a gaming handheld would be great since I don't have a good mobile device. The last one was...Chronicles? And Rush Adventure before that? Now that they've established that Dimps can handle making a 3D game (from what I've heard) it'd be neat to see a 3DS exclusive game or two. 

It will be interesting, that's for sure.

i agree with you, I'd rather have stages somewhere and not in the middle of nowhere. Maybe a game like Sonic Adventure 3? I'd also like multiple character to be playable, but I wouldn't cry if Sonic is the only one. I'm glad they removed the boosting though, also I'd only like 3D levels. We don't need 2D levels in almost every single Sonic game. I never understood why they introduced that in Sonic Unleashed, maybe for the "platforming" and the "challenging" part of the level? Not that it help with boosting but whatever. 

I'd say Sonic Lost World is getting there, but it still needs work.

I would like to see a 3D Platformer like what Adventure but mostly what Sonic 06 TRIED. Those levels were more like open worlds to explore, with a multitude of ways to get to the goal. Agree with Doc about Boosting being removed - that just lent itself to very forward 3D or left-right 2D gameplay without much opportunity for exploration. 

----

My favorite design is that seen in SRB2. Three-dimensional realms to explore, multiple-pathways intact...awesome music...

----

I want to see the return of the Deadly Six but honestly I want them to improve themselves from the last game. I don't think they truly challenged Sonic like they said they would, leaving those awesome threats they gave empty. I really loved them as characters and its a damn shame they weren't as threatening as they appeared to be. I'm a bit disappointed that most of their character are stereotypes; I was expecting Zeena to be more of a flirty feminine fatale and Zor being sarcastic. I do want to see these characters improve a lot.

I do want to see Sonic be more speedy, without the use of a button obviously but I do want to see him become a fast platformer that has a great story to it. SLW story wise was an improvement in the right direction for the current writers that's for sure.

• Like 1

I want to see what SonAmy we have going on here developed.

C'mon, you could tell there was a hint of it in Lost World's ending!

I'd like to see Sonic finally starting to simmer down and reaslise that he's actually interested in Amy. It would add a great deal of depth to him as, in my opinion, Sonic has been a very shallow character since Colours. Some say this is due to the VA change, but that's bull. It's the script. The current writers are doing a great job on the stories, but now Sonic and Tails have become the most shallow characters in the series.

Also, I'd like to have tougher bosses and Amy's voice not neccessarily replaced, but certainly improved. Also, we need extra boss fights for Super to make a return, especially seeing as Super Sonic's just been degraded to an extra now. It'd be great to have his own boss stage, as well as being playable in normal levels.

I guess another 2D game besides Sonic 4 because we all know that its bullsh-t and its not like the classics. A Sonic & Knuckles 2 would be cool... just not with Sonic 4 gameplay. Hmmm. As in for 3D, probably like Adventure 1/DX with taking more paths to get to the goal. That would be nice.