A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

SSMB is going full blown jungle ape over IGN's score. Though "not enough speed" is what's really making people eye squint in confusion. Didn't they complain about Sonic having too much speed at some point or was that fan complaints.

Really just depends who you ask. Some fans said it was too fast, some reviews said it was too fast. 

The reviews are...interesting to me, at least. Guess I'll see for myself at the end of the month.

I like how the games radar person isn't trusted because its a good score unlike the others. But I don't like the biased others because they don't know what they are talking about (like calling sonic 4 a good success)

But I like the games radar guy, he rated it on how fun it was rather then graphics and story. I've watched an LP and the game does look fun. Not as good as others, but still fun (just waiting for that 3DS demo)

The reviews drive me nuts. I want a review of the game, not a review of how it's not like your perfect other platformer game. I hate that. I really freakin hate that. /rage

I'll have to wait a while before I play this game for myself, but what I've seen of the cutscenes suggests a ton of character development for Dr. Eggman. Respect for him, Sonic & Tails just shot way way up. The writers are totally on their game, despite what I've seen of reviews.

• Like 1

I'll have to wait a while before I play this game for myself, but what I've seen of the cutscenes suggests a ton of character development for Dr. Eggman. Respect for him, Sonic & Tails just shot way way up. The writers are totally on their game, despite what I've seen of reviews.

This so much. I'm waiting anxiously to get my hands on a Wii U copy to see how the story plays out.

I don't think I ever made a crack at Europe for getting games later than NA, but if I have I'm definitely paying for my sins now. This is brutal. It's so difficult to not spoil myself.

Regardless of how well it reviews I think I'm really going to love it though. This game is basically Colors 2 with an interesting new game mechanic, great style in graphics, music, and story (from what I've seen), and I really just don't see myself getting to a point where I have to say "This is a disappointment." I didn't even get that way with Unleashed so this game will have to be spectacularly misleading for me to be put off by it.

I'm nearly at the end (Wii U version). I have mixed thoughts on it. Solid title with some good gameplay (better than the boost gameplay in my opinion), but it feels like they were too focused on taking cues from Mario rather than doing their own thing. If they brought back the art style Sonic Colours and Sonic Generations had for the next game, placed it on normal ground with normal gravity, more creative level tropes, then it could be one of the best Sonic titles in ages. The core gameplay is that good.

I honestly don't care about the reviews myself, and do plan on getting the game. I played it back during Sonic Boom and I found it to be fun. Plus I usually don't go by game reviews and I like to try games out and give them a chance before looking at another person's view. I also don't like IGN and how they pretty much don't like any Sonic game except for the classics and always have something bad to say about the franchise. >_> But from what i've seen the fans themselves of the franchise like the game, whereas the reviewers dislike it. But it all comes down to personal preference in the end.