A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Old GM6 360 engine questions topic...

Instead of creating many topics about questions about the Dami's old 360 platform movement engine for GM6, I solved to create just one.

Last topic I asked about the size of Player's mask, that helped me to make different mask sizes for objects that use 360 physics to move, thanks for Kain.

http://sonicunited.org/hsfqmtif/forum/showthread.php?t=2402

Now, I'm stuck into another question, when the player dies crushed by vertical/ horizontal moving walls.

if (collision_sensor_left(obstacle_layer | high_layer | low_layer,MaskLarge)) && (collision_sensor_right(obstacle_layer | high_layer | low_layer,MaskLarge))

{scrDie();dead= 1}

if (collision_sensor_bottom(obstacle_layer | high_layer | low_layer,MaskLarge)) && (collision_sensor_top(obstacle_layer | high_layer | low_layer,MaskLarge))

{scrDie();dead= 1}

}

I'm using this code that doesn't work perfectly, mainly when you got crushed by the vertical walls. It happens when the moving wall's edge touches at you, and you jumps (by "y" cordinate) upiside the wall.

This get worse when the moving one is between 2 walls, where instead jumping upside the moving wall, you jumps to the other side of one of side walls that you're next. In these glitchy crushes, you usually dies, but sometimes you just jumps without dying to another position u.u.

The same happens with the horizontal moving ones, where you just jump upside them (when there's a wall behind you).

What's the most efficient algorythm to make an horizontal/vertical perfect crushing?