A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Hot Damn YES! A game we should play

Guest Shadix

Guest Shadix

http://darkreign.us/

I just stumbled upon this community that plays my favorite RTS of all time, Dark Reign, and now I want you guys to play it too. They have their own server setup for online play and you can download the game and patch it to connect to their servers.

The game also has an easy to use map construction rig, however to play the maps online you have to send them outside of the game. I plan to create a tournament out of this once the game is go and we all have assurance it works.

So prepare, and hit me up on AIM if you wanna play an online match.

Edit: Any I HATE RTS posts are going to result in a derep. If you aren't going to give the game a shot stay out of this topic.

*gasp!* A game mentioned here as a "must play together" that I actually have ready access to and works decently with my old-as-hell-ex-office computer?

I usually suck at RTS games, but I'll see if I can get the disc again and try to practice up with it. Might be a little, as Command and Conquer: Red Alert 2 is just about the only RTS I've been able to just jump into and give the impression I actually know what I'm doing strategically in, so don't expect me to get very far at all in any tournaments. I expect to only see two matches in a double elimination. O.o``

Guest Shadix

It's from 1997 so it isnt that resource hoggy, although apparently it doesnt want to wark on Vista so now Im convinced to downgrade.

Guest Shadix

Get the hell out of this topic then if you aren't going to give it a shot and stereotype the genre. Also, MechCommander is RTT (Real-time Tactics).

I hate RTS, but I think it's mainly because I don't have a strategic mind; I don't like thinking too far into classes when playing MMOs either, or do I care about number-crunching when picking.. Pokémon, say.

Ah well. If it was an action-scroller or something I'd be up for it.

Guest Shadix

hehe, unless your smart about it your entire army is going to get disintegrated by turrets...

I have however overran the enemy once with so many units I overloaded the game XD, but I think even then I utilized some artilery to take out the cannons from afar.

NO U

..ok, im finished now.

<3