A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Spriting Competition: Round 4 (Finished)

TRD

The spoiler is just the rules and such, in case anyone wanted to see what the competition was about.

Yeah, so I've noticed that the Spriting Competition part 3 wasn't 100% completed, it was obvious that Gunstar Zero won the competition, but he left the site in a rage apparently (no one knows why). After that, the Spriting Competition just sort of...died. That's no good, I thoroughly enjoyed those competitions and I want to keep them going.

So everyone, I've taken the liberty to start a Spriting Competition to get the flame back on. So:

Welcome to the Spriting Competition Round 4:

The theme I have chosen for the Competition is: Sonic Item Containers.

Or Monitors or Item boxes.

For display purposes:

displayitemboxlz5.png

Now, for the rules and conditions: Make your very own custom Sonic Item box, easy. It can be anything you can think of.

The only restrictions are: No Recolors, Color patterns or intense shading of the original Sonic item box. Simple, yes?

To give an example, I have made this custom item box yesterday to prepare for this event:

customitemboxce8.png

This is 100% custom, hand-drawn. It took me little to no time to do it.

After enough entries are created, we shall start on a vote. The deadline for the entries are 1 week.

Those who participate will recieve one rep point from me. Any additional rep points from others is fine too.

Alright, I guess that narrows it down. Hopefully we can get more competition going after this, enjoy everyone, I'm looking forward to seeing your creations.

Ok guys, Voting starts now, you know the drill:

Just post your vote to the one you like best.

*No voting for your own.

*No voting twice.

*Yes, you can have conversation in this topic provided that it doesnt get out of control or something.

The winner will recieve an additional Rep point from me.

Here are the entries:

ZENOR

wipecd7.png

SonicBlast32

attachment.php?attachmentid=247&d=1180213356

MaxSonic

bii01wi8.png

DimensionWarped

attachment.php?attachmentid=256&stc=1&d=1180302296

attachment.php?attachmentid=259&stc=1&d=1180307105

attachment.php?attachmentid=260&stc=1&d=1180307579

attachment.php?attachmentid=261&stc=1&d=1180309210

attachment.php?attachmentid=262&stc=1&d=1180309210

attachment.php?attachmentid=265&stc=1&d=1180569724

attachment.php?attachmentid=263&stc=1&d=1180311141

attachment.php?attachmentid=266&stc=1&d=1180569902

Someone2040

monitorni6.gif

Hapi-San

isomonitors.gif

Z3D

Itemthingy.png

Aerosol

parchment2.bmp

Hungry Blyde

capsule.gif

Let the Voting Begin!

Voting Ends on Monday, June 04. The winner will be decided then.

Click this link to view the winner.

Hmm, while it looks good, and definitely creative, I'm not sure if this would qualify for an item box....in which the contest is themed on. This is more like an item delivery method.

Anyways, I'll accept it since it's my first hosted spriting comp.

Rep up.

Bringing Sonic into the modern era... Flatscreen monitors! Guaranteed to be less painful when you shatter them into bits...

Normal:

attachment.php?attachmentid=248&stc=1&d=1180226028

Scaled by 2 to see it better:

attachment.php?attachmentid=249&stc=1&d=1180226028

Also, I included an RAR for anyone who wants the template.

Erm... there are a couple extra white pixels in as artifacts. Its easy enough to remove though, and I did it here:

attachment.php?attachmentid=248&stc=1&d=1180226390

• Like 1

Here's mine =D

It's a sort of Item pane. It's slotted on walls and if you drop through it then it goes through that spinning anim., then the sonic icon or whichever icon floats upwards leaving the pane blank.

Itemthingy.png

• Like 1

Pillow shading sucks.

edit:[qimg]http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/7410/monitoroh3.png[/qimg]

You dare go against mah spriting powers? That's it, you're disqualified. How bout that? Yeah, take that!

Very nice XD

Nice, Someone2040, it looks like something out of game gear.

Hapi-san, fucking awesome!

z3d, Very unique looking, nice job adding extra frame to make it look more fluid.

Rep up to the 3 of you.

Wow, everything is looking great,there's still more room for entrants if other members want to participate.