A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Good Idea Bad Idea

MaxSonic

Well, I canceled my NiGHTS game, and recently had to do a presentation for college. Well, instead of doing a power point, I decided to make a game for it. I pretty much just put my teacher (Rick) in a Mario themed world. The teacher thought it was very amusing. Even though it was just a 3 hour project, it felt good making a game again. I've been meaning to get started, but haven't decided what to do yet. So I'm going to throw some ideas out there and let you have your way with them.

-Kamen/Masked Rider Game: This is pretty much a fancy beat-em-up game. The game tells the story of the Masked Rider, a Japanese superhero who dresses as a bug and rides a motorcycle. He fights a mysterious terrorist organization known as Shocker. Shocker recruits ordinary people and turns them into their super soldiers. However, the Hopper soldier turns against the organization, and from then on is Masked Rider. That's the basic plotline of the game. As I said earlier, it's a free-roaming beat-em-up. Shocker attacks different parts of the city, and it's your choice to intervene or not. Riding a bike is faster than walking, but gives you less control. There are also some areas where you have to ride the motorcycle. You'll also face boss monsters and your former comrades throughout the game. During these fights, you can only do so much damage with your normal moves. In order to actually defeat these bosses, you must use finishing moves, such as the Rider Kick. You gain move points during the game, which you can use to upgrade and buy new moves. This Gameplay style can also be fitted to other Masked Rider series such as Black and Kabuto.

-SD Gundam 3 Char's Counterattack: There were two SNES SD Gundam games released in Japan. They were both side scrolling shooter games. The first was based off of the original series (Project V), and the second was based on Zeta Gundam(SD Gundam 2). This game acts as a third in the series, telling the story of Char's Counterattack (and a bit of ZZ Gundam). You have the options of playing as Nu-Gundam (Amuro) or Sazabi (Char). You can also unlock upgraded suits (Hi-Nu Gundam and Nightingale), and play as any of the suits in the game in the VS Mode. A unique feature is the ability to customize your own Jegan or Hizack mobile suit. Using money you get in arcade mode, you can buy weapons and parts to upgrade your mobile suit. Multiplayer will be supported.

Oh, and if you were interested, I have the game that I made for the presentation. If you want to play it, you can download it HERE. Don't expect much from it, it was a rushed project, and you probably won't get the jokes in it.

He's looking for opinions on what game he should make for his presentation.

The Choices are:

Kamen/Masked Rider Game

&

SD Gundam 3 Char's Counterattack

I'm not much of a fan of neither, but I would go with SD gundam, I say that because I just got through playing the gundam fighting game for GBA.

Well, I have some other ideas too, I just haven't posted them yet. See, my problem is that I'll start on a game, get another idea, and then start something new. I have trouble finishing my work. Two other ideas that I have thought of are a new Jet Set Radio game, that would play as a sidescroller, and a fighting game called Rock Assault, that uses the 360 guitar controller. I'll post some more details later.

BTW, did anyone try that download out?