A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

What made the 2D Sonic games so great?

Nebula

Breath of fresh air? You mean...the same glitch ridden game repackaged every year? A "polished TuRD" if you will?

You have to admit, when playing Sonic Adventure for the first time, it was definitely something new. When I said, "Breath of fresh air", I meant when you like, first experience Sonic 3D.

Plus, where are the faults with 3D Mario? I don' see 'em. Show me (with evidence and not just talking like the slo-mo who started this thread).

I don't have "Physical evidence", but the camera was hell, if you have it in far view, and try and turn it, it hits the walls, thus you can't turn it.

The wall-jump was really tricky, cuz some of the time, you either DON'T slide down the wall to wall-jump, or jump in the direction you DON't want to go.

Might I add, that I'm talking about the old 3D mario (Mario64) and not 3D mario as in Mario kart, Mario party, etc., not all of them if you will.

I take it you don't like Sonic in 3D, no? However, I am speaking in opinion, mind you.

When I played 3D Sonic for the first time (Sonic Adventure), IMO, yes it was a nice breath of fresh air, it was something new.

Same with Mario, Mario is awesome, period, 3D Mario? Profit.