A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Had a bomb threat today?

Slingerland

I did. 12:30 PM. I'm fucking scared as shit.

All Campus Alert - Friday, April 20, 12:45pm

Othmer Hall received a bomb threat at approximately 12:30pm today. The building has been evacuated as a precautionary measure and the Lincoln Fire Department is on the scene. Please avoid this area until further notice.

The building has been initially searched with no results. A more extensive search is underway. If you feel uncomfortable being on campus this afternoon, you should feel free to leave the campus. Your safety is our number one concern.

Damn, if this keeps up, 2007 is going to be the year schools went to hell.

Sadly, thats been just about that bad for years.. Some teens and kids are such evil people.

After Virginia Tech, i say simply get away from campus peroid.

Oh, I WORK at a school (Only 19, btw), so staying away I don't have much choice.

Sketchy. I usually wouldnt let it get to me, but incidents of late have been all too real.

Like, ten really good friends of mine go to college there. I hope the are alright. In fact, I live within a half an hour from there.

The closest thing I've had to a bomb threat was when some random idiot placed explosives (thankfully weak) inside one of the cafeteria trash bins.

Then it exploded... Thankfully, nobody was near enough to get hurt.

But I was near enough to almost poop my pants when it happened.

That's actually really funny.

my Middleschool had gotten countless threats of being shot up by those ______s in lithonia (sorry, they are). If anyone lives near my area, you know how bad lithonia schools are. (cursing teachers, fights everyday, lame gang related shit)

One time we had intruder alert because 3 of the boys who said they would were at the school front.

Although, now that i go to Miller Grove High, we actully have a sort of Security now. (the Security guard is like, Cock Deisel 6ft guy with arms almost thicker than my head.)

Some guys (under gang related shit as well, i guess) said they were going to fight some kids, and tried to get into the school starting shit (Retards. At least do it right). Officer Rock (LOL thats actully his name) beat the kids up really bad. (I think he slammed one on the wall, and another on the floor. I think one of them actully tried to retaliate and he punched him in the face and left a nice sized cut there.)

Some people thought it was police brutality, some people thought it was the Security Guard showing off so no one does it again...

I personally thought it was fucking funny.

"Damn, if this keeps up, 2007 is going to be the year schools went to hell."

Eh.. I only know of one incident this year and that was Virginia Tech. Where are these other occurences coming from?

"Sketchy. I usually wouldnt let it get to me, but incidents of late have been all too real."

Again, the only incident that comes to mine recently is Virginia Tech what are these other "incidents." See, that's the thing. You probably -should- let it get to you. That's the problem. Normally people don't really worry until something happens then they're like "wow.." Prime example? 9/11. "Not really a big deal, everyone's saying it's sorta safe.. maybe I'll go back for my purse." You can't wait until tragedy happens to realize that they can actually happen.

And as DW said.. this is pretty normal. There are always people who try and ride this kind of thing. Also, I'm pretty sure not every single bomb threat gets reported in the news so comments like Aerosol's "this didn't happen in the '90s" probably aren't all too true.

Crime Alert

April 23, 2007

At approximately 2pm today, the Registrar’s Office received a call from an unidentified caller stating, “There is a bomb on your campus” and hung up. The caller did not indicate location or any other specific information.

The Monroe County Sheriff’s Office is assisting Public Safety with this investigation.

We want to alert the RIT community of their need for continued vigilance and to report suspicious behavior immediately to Public Safety.

And no evacuation whatsoever, because there was nothing to go by.

The (community) college my dad works had some form of threat today that shut it down for a while, etc. Incidentally, earlier this semester (or was it last), my dad kicked a kid out of his class (as in for good) for being neurotic, aggravative, unstable, and all-around frightening to the other students. He says he's been seeing more and more students who are, from his best bet, on some form of psychological medication recently, supposing it was related to the economy combined with nature of community colleges. Doesn't really apply to Virginia Tech, or anything.