A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

My laptop needs saving

Pheonix Gamma

Ok, so it seems that both of my internet cards have gone completely bonkers on me.

First, the ethernet card. This fucker is driving me nuts. I can get on the internet, and I can get on AIM, but I can reach SOME websites, but most of them give me some "server not found" bullshit. I can't even get a goddamn driver for it new because I can't REACH any site that has it. For whatever reason, I can reach google, SFGHQ, and a few others.

I'd try using my wireless adaptor, but that thing seems to not exist at all. The computer says it's there, but the program that has used it for the past year stopped recognizing it, and Windows can't find any wireless networks on its own either, so that bastard's gone kaput too.

This is seriously driving me insane, and I need help. My computer's a Dell (go figure) Inspiron E1505, if that helps at all.

EDIT: It's working again, but I still want advice on this anyways, incase it happens again. I dunno what I did.

EDIT2: Wireless is working again.

Sounds less like a driver problem and more like a network problem to me.

Usually when half the Internet works and the other half doesn't, you can only yell at your ISP and hope they fix it, but usually they already know it's broken and your yelling won't help them fix it any faster.