A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

The Comcast machine rampages on

Gamerdude

I was just informed that my local cable/internet/digital phone provider, Patriot Media, will be bought out by Comcast by the end of quarter 3 this year. From what I can recall, Comcast service in general was not that good...however, I want to know from those of you who have service from Comcast what you all think. My provider right now are the ones who upgraded the whole area from one way cable to full, two way cable...they were constantly upgrading their systems to be faster. I just hope that Comcast doesn't make the service shitty :E.

lol the cable company I work for (charter communications...not very good in the least) was in negotiations with comcast for 2 channels, versus channel and the golf channel. For the days we were in negotiations, comcast the owner of those 2 channels ran a ticker at the bottom of each channel that said charter is no longer carrying said channels soon. Talk about pricks. We got 1000's of e-mails from pissed off golf and hockey fans freaking out. Good thing is we got to keep those 2 channels.

Comcast, for internet, is fine. Currently the best mass-provider (there are better smaller companies) out there. 6mbit down, bursts on downloads to 12mbit. Up is pretty good too.

Relatively low outages. Not too restrictive on what you can and cannot do. Ports aren't blocked and they aren't throttling torrent traffic like a lot of other ISPs.

As far as TV, it's expensive as fuck. WAY more expensive than everyone else. I pay a metric fuckton for digital with HD channels in ONE ROOM. I just jacked basic cable for the TVs in the other rooms.

I think people bitch about comcast just to bitch about something. Comcast does have some issues, but all ISPs do. I rather like my comcast service, quite well infact. Why do I like my comcast service? Well, they say a picture is a thousand words, so...

Just click this. I think it pretty much says it all.

Haha, nice =P. Right now, depending on the server, I've gotten speed around 2,000kb/sec on burst and 1,500kb/sec consistent. Obviously this isn't true for every download, but that's what my connection seems to be capable of.