A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Jsonic server is still online...

Jsonic

All I did was install updated drivers for the Built in NIC (Never did find the PCI NIC card I was looking for), installed windows XP SP2 (I over looked my own server box when I did all the other computers in the house) and, Ran windows update. I did nothing with the hardware (I mite later though to see if I can improve speed)

I was wondering, is it posible to get more speed by setting up 2 or more hard lines to one computer and bridging them together?

BTW my servers currently connected through a router (via hard line CAT5 cable) to our DSL mode connection.

also, I know it kind of sucks but, my sever's upload speed averages at 208kbps. So the max average downlaod speed from my server to your computer is 208kbps. however you should be able to upload files to my server at about 265kbps

My server is about 1 year old now, and on the verge of an upgrade too, as soon as I can get in contact with koray(The one who helped me start it) I also did some cleaning on it about 2 hours ago, I deleted 29 inactive accounts (after a warning via E-mail.) they where just empty accounts that where wasting space (per user reserved space that is.).

29 inactive users = 29GBs of space that no one els can use.

The updated uploader script would look like this demo but with my server name. I'd like to know if you guys want me to go ahead and upgrade to it? this script is by the same guy who made the uploader script I'm currently using. More info here

when I cleaned the server this time. inactive user = no files in account.

next time I'll look at the "last modified" date or something on each users account folder.

@Midiman: Yes!, just link people to the index.html file of your site stord in a folder on your account (works even if that folder is private). I did it Here see. next (only if you need to and can do so) buy or find a free domain name serverice to mask it to what ever you want the site address to be. exp. http://jsonicserver.no-ip.org/files/1/Sonic%20Tec/Index1.htm could be masked as Http://www.Sonic_Tec.com (< not a real link) domain name.

OK, well good luck with that.

Back on topic, you guys think that maybe you could spred the word, draw more users to my server. Also if you have heard of Live For Speed, I mite be setting up a deticated host for it soon, posibly a DS Halo too, now that the curruption problem is gone.

Great little uploader you have there. Even though I have permission to use a private server someone let me use, this could come in handy for me to upload files from other locations besides my home computer. I'd be glad to spread the word about your server to people I know.

From my understanding, your suposed to be able to download from my server at 265Kbps and upload to my server at 208Kbps. over all, I have found that I have a low end DSL connection. DSL is a broadband connection type right?

and your files where never really currupted, it was just a problem with my server sending them back out to you and anyone els trying to download your files. but thats fixed now.

Your upload speed determines our download ability. Keep in mind it gets split over all connections.

So if you have an upload of 256kbps (which is very high for DSL so I doubt that's it), if 5 people were downloading each would only get download speeds of 51kbps.