A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Well, Sonic Rivals

Blues

After the dissapointment that was Sonic Genesis it's unfortunate that there isnt anything much better to say about Rivals. Our speculation has turned out true as Sonic Rivals really is nothing more than a buggy hold right and jump fest.

Knuckles and Silver can both run as fast as Sonic for some reason. Silver is really cheap and abuses Psychic attacks that can seemingly hit you from almost anywhere in the level. Shadow's level has several annoying bottomless pits.

Sonic has trouble accelerating without zippers, there is a strange bug that occurs too often that makes you float very slowly to the ground after getting hit.

The boss stages are a little better, but you never really have to worry about dying since getting hit only takes ten rings away. The stage is always a circle around eggman who sticks his head in and you have to hit it before your rival does.

anyway it sucks :<

I'm actually somewhat confused at how Sonic Stadium and Sonic Cult are somewhat finding this game...good? enjoyable? how is it possible? some even go to say the level designs are a mix of Sonic Adventure and Sonic 2? how? just how?

And these were the same people who hated Sonic 06...I am in a state of shock and awe at the moment...

The carding system in my opinion sucks.

Gamplay really sucks

Level design is great, I like forest falls.

The best thing about this game is really the costume customization.

Also I finally got a chance to play as Silver, a disapointment but that's because he on this game.

Well, first I have to say I though this game was going to suck really bad. But after a brief play, it wasn't as bad as I though: If it wasn't because of the annoying Rival and the fact that you only need to press right to move to finish the level, it would be decent. Level design seems pretty cool, but it lacks of complexity (I mean complexity ala Sonic 2 or Sonic 3), levels are large and graphically enjoyable. It's a shame the whole rivalry crap sucks...

During the second race with metal there is a floating zip line grab at the end. It's not on a wire or anything. It just kind of floats you along to the floor... The super speed power also tends to cause annoying glitches on loops and jumps. This game is far too buggy

Urghm, on ramps, loops, and other areas with vertical floor you can actually walk in place and even CROUCH even though you are standing on a frickin wall.

The only redeeming part of this game was the last zone where you dont have to deal with a rival and are actually allowed to do a little platforming. The final boss is so chaotic and easy though that all of the game's glitches become apparant then.

This game isnt worth buying, or renting, or stealing.

and you are suprised by this how?

We knew from the beginning this game was gonna suck. It was developed by some almost unknown 3rd party developer thats only other achievement included such "hits" as a Dora the Explorer game and that pile of crap game Death Jr.