A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Overlapping Sounds?

Is there a way to "overlap" sounds? Okay. Lets say that Sonic collects a ring. It makes the little sound right?

Now, lets say that Sonic is running really fast and collects a row of rings. He was running so fast that you didn't hear any of the rings' sounds. Is there a way to fix this?

Another example: Sonic jumps on an upward spring. Spring "boings" and bounces him up. A flying enemy runs into him, knocking out his rings. However the ringloss sound is not played due to the spring's sound effect.

Is it possible to somehow make the sounds overlap?

O.K. I'll take some screenshots to guide you through the process.

Give me about 5-minutes.

(10-minutes later.....)

O.K. here we go:

Step 1:

[ATTACH]102[/ATTACH]

Step 2:

[ATTACH]103[/ATTACH]

Step 3:

[ATTACH]104[/ATTACH]

Final Step:

[ATTACH]105[/ATTACH]

I hope this helps.

Uh, uninterruptable is only used for samples you don't want interrupted if more than 8 samples are played at once. In other words, only use it if you must or really don't want that sample to get interrupted. ( i.e. If an extra life sample is playing, I doubt you'd want it stopped. )

A week is a long time. =P Been busy with my competition game so I haven't been around sfghq for quite some time.

Anyways, I mentioned it since you said to make all samples uninterruptable and if you do that, it's the same as leaving them all interruptable, so that's why I explained that it should only be used for samples that you really don't want interrupted.