A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Preorders for wii are now on...

shadowgoten

Yea, Gamestop/EBGames decided to do their wii reserves today, so I decided to hop on over to the mall after pulling an all nighter with some friends. At 7:30 in the morning there were already 5 people waiting, and the store opens at 10. So finally at 8 we make the line and some other people started showing up. We all played a good ammount of Mario Kart DS. At about 8:30 the line is up to 21 people.

Finally at 9 the manager shows up and says yea I'll let you guys in on the wii preorders in just a moment, just let me make some calls. 10 minutes later he comes out with 7 slips and starts handing them out to the first 7 people in line. After that he says "that's all the preorders we have, sorry guys!". I was luckily #6.

So yea, if you were wanting to preorder one, have fun finding a place that will do it :|. The manager let everyone know they might be doing a 2nd preorder run, but you'll have to stay tuned for that.

I don't believe I'll be preordering. I doubt there will be too much trouble getting one between now and Christmas simply because of the amount of supply. Its not like the 2500 dollar PS3s I'm seeing on EBay.

Apparently, PS3 is striking a deal with Ebay to force all PS3 auctions to close.

Sadly I have to go to school...thus couldn't get a preorder. My EBGames was taking 36 pre-orders and they were filled within the first two hours of opening. The guy I talked to said that EBGames would be taking preorders online next week and he didn't think it'd be a problem getting a hold of one. Keep in mind, Nintendo is pushing out a decent amount of consoles on launch day, so I'm not too concerned. Just in case, I got in line at Lik-sang.com. Can't beat a no obligation pre-order =P.

My local game store is preordering on October 28th. Fortunately it's a pretty small shop so they won't get too many visitors at 9am on a Saturday morning, but I swear if I miss getting a Wii this Christmas I will probably go on a rampage. Especially seeing as I preordered a 360 last year and it didn't arrive until mid-February.

My local game store is preordering on October 28th. Fortunately it's a pretty small shop so they won't get too many visitors at 9am on a Saturday morning, but I swear if I miss getting a Wii this Christmas I will probably go on a rampage. Especially seeing as I preordered a 360 last year and it didn't arrive until mid-February.

Well, I don't see it being too hard to find after the first 2 weeks after release.

• 2 weeks later...

DSC00090.jpg

Mwahahaha. You might notice the circled number 1 on that piece of paper, I was the first one there so I get to be the first one to get a Wii. Worth the two and a half hour wait with a thermos flask and a DS for company methinks. Plus I made a couple friends in the queue too. Only sucky thing is in the UK we don't get them until December 8th, but I can wait. I ordered Red Steel, Twilight Princess and an extra remote too.

Have to do some friend code swapping once I get my console.