A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Musical Similarities

Yamamoto strikes again! This time, he's ripping off The Beatles' Eleanor Rigby

Super Butoden 2

http://youtu.be/gxc1P5qblro?t=27s

Eleanor Rigby (using the Give My Regards to Broadstreet version to put emphasis on the melody

)

That's actually pretty awesome!

Eleanor Rigby is actually one of my favorite songs, and ironically I went and listened to that song right after you shared the last beatles one :P

I actually have another megaman one...

The His World Rif

and

better known as flash in the dark, and even better know as Megaman 9 Wily Castle 1.

This is the only version with the rif present at the beginning, and I chose this version for that reason.

Plus it's freakin awesome

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I haven't posted here in a long while. It's time I do.

For this installment of "Musical Similarities", we will discuss the many musical ideas* frozen factory shares with other songs. Literally the entire song shares a musical idea with another song, so I will go in order.

Here is Frozen Factory Zone 1 itself

First off, the entire song sounds vaguely like

0:04 to 0:07 The instrumentation makes this one come to mind.

0:06 to 0:08

0:07 to 0:48 The scribblenauts one also sounds similar here, more so than the first.

In the Frozen Factory music, we are at about 0:57 right now.

0:31 to 0:37

0:01 to 0:03

Then it loops.

*By musical ideas, I mean the motif of the song and/or the instrumentation.

• 2 weeks later...

Well shucks, ya beat me to it! I saw a good friend of mine for the first time since LW came out, and I tried those horrid special stages on his 2DS. I noticed how the music sounded almost exactly like the BTS theme, and I was really surprised.

I believe this is no coincidence, Jun Senoue even commented on the ATS and BTS, congratulating it for how good it was. I've noticed hints of the BTS theme here and there in lots of lost worlds songs.

I believe this is no coincidence, Jun Senoue even commented on the ATS and BTS, congratulating it for how good it was. I've noticed hints of the BTS theme here and there in lots of lost worlds songs.

Yeah, this is especially apparent with Windy Hill, the Super theme, etc. Definitely taking cues from ATS moreover than BTS, seeing as ATS REALLY started using those few notes a lot.

• 7 months later...

Wow, it's been a long time since I've posted in this thread, and I feel kind of bad bumping it... It's been a while just because I haven' t found anything else that sounds the same. However, I found something today: Guile's Theme (goes with everything), and Pushing Onwards from VVVVVV. The similarity is towards the beginning of Guile, and at 2:28 for VVVVVV.

3/4 YEAR BUMP, REALLY MR. POPO?

Nah, it's not that big of a deal.

Anyway, I'm sure this has already been brought up, but the EUR/JP Boss Theme has samples from Work That Sucker to Death by Xavier. It's kind of less of a musical-similarity thing and more of a take-a-whole-chunk-of-a-chorus-and-plop-it-in-another-song thing. I kind of have to wonder if the reason for the separate US soundtrack was because the original soundtrack sampled so many American songs that they could be sued...

• Like 1