A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Chrono Adventure 1.1 - SAGE 2014

LakeFeperd

Does anyone know the music in the part where Sonic and Rodolia travel through the dream area to find Gerem and the Princess?

I thiiiink it's "Overthere Stair - Super Paper Mario". I watched what I think is lone's playthrough to remind myself but... the game's music doesn't always sync up with scenes right in the game, I've noticed (not in his video, I mean the game in general).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HIkuGZej2g

Edited by ChaosLord
  • Like 1

I thiiiink it's "Overthere Stair - Super Paper Mario". I watched what I think is lone's playthrough to remind myself but... the game's music doesn't always sync up with scenes right in the game, I've noticed (not in his video, I mean the game in general).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HIkuGZej2g

Thank you! It is! I'm surprised I never remembered this song considering that I played this game multiple times... lol

Can't believe it took this long to figure out..

Eriwd Emard = Weird Dream (

if you talk to Rodolia in this Zone, he'll say Sonic, then Chrono, then Adventure. Each message occurs after talking to the fake Gerems

)

Some guy on retro hacked the game and posted a dump of all its music files, but I don't find that very useful for determining what they're from...I'm gonna start a list of what I know (because I have no life).

{

Tube Trial/Foliage Falls East = Chiptunes and Salsa (Perilous Paradise Act 3 BTS 2012)

Tube Trial/Foliage Falls West = Taken by the Tides (Perilous Paradise Act 2 BTS 2012)

Final Battle Zone = It Has to Be This Way (Metal Gear Rising - btw Content ID claims this...just a heads-up)

Eriwd Emard = Overthere Stair (Super Paper Mario)

Wild Wave East, North1/2 = Rocks Like This (Technology Tree Act 1 ATS)

Angel Terminal = Technology Tree Special (ATS)

Groove Glow = Disco Heat (Redhot Ride Act 3 ATS)

Tube Trial West/Hidden = Something from Kirby, sounds like Grass Land 1/Kirby's Dreamland 3)

Wild Wave West = Something from Kirby

Secret Boss/Coconuts = The Schizophrenic Tower Main/Fire (ATS)

Sucks that I only know the ATS/BTS ones...

}

Edited by lone8643

Can't believe it took this long to figure out..

Eriwd Emard = Weird Dream (

if you talk to Rodolia in this Zone, he'll say Sonic, then Chrono, then Adventure. Each message occurs after talking to the fake Gerems

)

Some guy on retro hacked the game and posted a dump of all its music files, but I don't find that very useful for determining what they're from...I'm gonna start a list of what I know (because I have no life).

{

Tube Trial/Foliage Falls East = Chiptunes and Salsa (Perilous Paradise Act 3 BTS 2012)

Tube Trial/Foliage Falls West = Taken by the Tides (Perilous Paradise Act 2 BTS 2012)

Final Battle Zone = It Has to Be This Way (Metal Gear Rising - btw Content ID claims this...just a heads-up)

Eriwd Emard = Overthere Stair (Super Paper Mario)

Wild Wave East, North1/2 = Rocks Like This (Technology Tree Act 1 ATS)

Angel Terminal = Technology Tree Special (ATS)

Groove Glow = Disco Heat (Redhot Ride Act 3 ATS)

Tube Trial West/Hidden = Something from Kirby, sounds like Grass Land 1/Kirby's Dreamland 3)

Wild Wave West = Something from Kirby

Secret Boss/Coconuts = The Schizophrenic Tower Main/Fire (ATS)

Sucks that I only know the ATS/BTS ones...

}

More music stuff...

Blue Coast Zone is Final Haunt from Shadow the Hedgehog. Black Base is another track from Shadow, but I can't remember the name of the level.

Also the city area of Wild Wave East is Empire City's HUB music, from Sonic Unleashed.

EDIT:

Found out Black Base's music is Prison Island from Shadow.

Edited by Lhancat
  • Like 2

So I loaded Chrono to just screw around, and right after the resolution screen I put my whole hand on the keyboard. The game skipped the legal/title/load screen and skipped right to the final spring section to the final boss. I had no weapons, rodolia said ??? like in the beginning of the game, and so that's how I did a 0% speedrun. What the hell did I do? Is there some kind of button shortcut to that boss that I accidentally pressed.

I remain king of speedruns in LakeFeperd fangames.

Dammit. That takes all the fun out of discovering stuff. If you activate debug mode on the resolution screen, you skip right to the final boss with 0% Status. 

Edited by lone8643

Hey, I just looked through some old posts because I remembered at one point, Lake was taking suggestions for the name of Groove Glow... Now, although (as far as I can see), no one suggested that name... it seems one of my own suggestions was "Misty Mine".

Did... did I actually make a contribution to the name of Misty Maze, or is that just a coincidence they both have 'Misty' in the name, and that level had already been made?

Not that it matters, am just curious.

Oly Cow! After finally realizing where Sky Empire. (Felt like a dumb***) I got to the final zone

It was F'ing EPIC! From beginning to end. I almost didn't want the adventure to end! I loved how it was setup, the build up, the pay off, the everything! Everything was so awesome. There was a togetherness that held everything together and kept you invested, I mean after about a week of not playing because I didn't have access to a computer I was still into it! The epic dark Sonic form, the awesome final cutscenes, and overall awesome final boss. There was a couple unexplained things but that was okay as the rest of the story was better than sooo many times better than anything I've seen in awhile. I also like the cliff hangers they kept me involved even after the story ended. Hopefully we can see some of our questions answered. Maybe a 110% run? Eh it's great. I didn't get to play after the credits cause I had no computer time left so... but I love this game. I also gotta chance to try debug, its cool. But do I need all emeralds to be super sonic? Just sweet man.

It was awesome bruh..

Edited by LightTheHedgehogInSnowZone

A minor problem with the story:

Silver Rings Corp., the company that sells monitors for Sliver Rings, had been around since 101 years into the past. Sonic got warped back 100 years in time, and Silver Ring shops are already present across the map, with branches in Leaf Land, Sky Empire among other places. The set up of all of the shops in the past take place within 1 year.

The corporation then essentially ceases to develop at all for 100 years, using the exact same currency (Real life currency tend to change in appearance at least once within 100 years) and shop design, only adding a few stores in cities within the SCA map and absolutely nowhere else. Even the mechanism used to purchase products were completely unchanged, and neither did the product variety increase.

Silver Rings Corp., the company that sells monitors for Sliver Rings, had been around since 101 years into the past. Sonic got warped back 100 years in time, and Silver Ring shops are already present across the map, with branches in Leaf Land, Sky Empire among other places. The set up of all of the shops in the past take place within 1 year.

The corporation then essentially ceases to develop at all for 100 years, using the exact same currency (Real life currency tend to change in appearance at least once within 100 years) and shop design, only adding a few stores in cities within the SCA map and absolutely nowhere else. Even the mechanism used to purchase products were completely unchanged, and neither did the product variety increase.

>.> while very true statement you got there. I don't think it was meant to be that focused of a plot point. Makes sense though.

Edit: Guess you did say minor...

Edited by LightTheHedgehogInSnowZone

They're not exactly rules of reality. It's just a series of norms we've developed as the civilization of humanity. Maybe birds living in a floating, technologically advanced city, handle their economy differently.

I found a glitch that is useful for me (but is also being a cheater). Whenever I have 0 rings, I press the help button to get info and when I get hit I fly in the air in my standing pose. Once I get rid of the help stuff, I land on the ground, alive. That helped me out on the secret boss phase II.

I also tried debug mode and I was in Polem Kingdom. I transformed from Tails, to Gerem, and back into Polem Sonic. I transformed back into Sonic and I completed the stage as Sonic (I beat the stage normally, I'm just restarting the game on a different save file) using moon jumps to help me out on certain things. 

Being a cheater! :D

Edited by MetalSonic30
  • Like 1