A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

What games are you currently playing?

Gravity Rush (PSVita)

Because I have recently acquired a PlayStation Vita and this is one of the games I most wanted. It rarely disappoints. Interesting art style, enemy design, and the gameplay mechanics, though sometimes finicky, are well implemented and cool.

Castle Crashers (XBLA)

Because apparently I can't go for any significant length of time without playing this.

I just 100%'d Kirby's Epic Yarn, to major disappointment. "Congratulations! You completed Fabric!" was the only thing I got out of it. Wow game, you didn't disappoint me. I hated it from the beginning and I hated it at the end, but it offered some decent challenge and some relaxing gameplay at time. Worth a replay somewhere down the line, so it checks out.

Recently completed SMG2....The Perfect Run. It was invigorating and almost as satisfying as unlocking a cheat in Goldeneye 64, but the game as a whole is too long and linear to be worth revisiting in its entirety. Shame, that.

Also recently beat and complete Conker's Bad Fur Day. Holy crap is that game a masterwork! Rated M, but it has the best ending ever. It's very story-driven, but I don't believe it suffers for it; nay, it shines! I'll be playing this one for years to come.

I'm not really playing anything right now, but I want to finish S-ranking Sonic Colors Wii. I had collected all the red coins prior, but I believe the Wisps may be a better key to victory here than Super Saiyan. It's gonna be a tough journey, I think.

Oh! I've been playing Kirby's Dreamland 3 for the SNES VC, simply because some levels inspired BTS designs and the music is in some stages of BTS 11 (BTS 11 > 12!)

And with that I've acquired the Invincibility badge on backloggery! Yeah!

Edited by lone8643

Well as nerdy as it sounds I started back up the ol' MMORPG RuneScape again, mainly do get more ideas for a project that a couple of my friends and I are doing. We are going to attempt a Java based online game, idk how it will turn out but oh well.

Also I been playing NHL 10 on my PS3 as well as GTA IV for my PC using a couple mods like the Daniel Craig: James Bond mod....

I'm playing Portal, Portal 2, Prince Of Persia The Forgotten Sands, Rayman Origins (I've still got one level to go :P), Shadow The Hedgehog, Sonic Robo Blast 2, Sonic The Hedgehog 3D, Rayman 1, Rayman Hoodlums' Revenge, Rayman 3 GBA, and I'm replaying Rayman 2.

• 4 weeks later...

There's this game created by Shiny Entertainment, that I always knew as a child... M... D... K..!

I just love it, in its time it had great graphics, it's also humorous and very random sometimes, though fun to play.

I'm gonna finish it then start MDK2.

I read somewhere that no one knows what MDK actually stands for, well, maybe the person who wrote that doesn't, but I think it's pretty obvious, M's for Max, the main character's six-legged dog friend, D is for Doctor, and K as in Kurt, the main character's name.

Why not KDM? I think that's because MDK is much cooler...

Also I might beat Portal Prelude very soon.

• Like 1

Well I'm playing through Atelier Ayesha and Saints Row the Third.

I'm doing pretty well on AA's story. My alchemy level is pretty low but my characters are at a good level right now with Linca being close to level 30 this early on and I'm still on Year 1. Progress is being accomplished now.

And I'm playing through Saints Row the Third with my first character again. No matter how many times I play through this game I still find it ironic that a Russian goth girl is running a gang that she doesn't even look like she's a part of. And oh dear I've been caught roleplaying again. I named her Sheena Lane (two guesses where that comes from) with her codename/nickname/whatever being Funeral Doom. Sheese Crow! Do something with your life!

Pantufa the Cat [v1.2]

A Sonic 1 hack by VAdaPEGA

This quite-difficult hack is giving me IWBTG flashbacks, though that may be due to the fact I'm not using savestates at all! It's an interesting hack, much like Sonic 2Z (a Sonic 2 hack for players who have mastered Sonic 2) or the S3&K Master Edition series, although I rank Master Edition to be quite a bit more difficult. Pantufa feels balanced, and v1.2 has been toned down in difficulty from its original version. The layouts, art, music and many things have been altered, which makes this game a refreshing take on Sonic 1. I'm on River City Place Act III. Damn spike physics.

Sonic After the Sequel [Release/v1.1]

A Sonic fangame by LakeFeperd

Most everyone here knows about this game. I just unlocked Debug Mode, and I figured out the save system doesn't work properly. It's very possible to do all the related tasks for Debug Mode and not unlock it. Same goes for trying to start a new save file, unlocking secret levels, unlocking Super Sonic, and too many other infuriating things. Sometimes the cutscenes wouldn't even load! I'd be willing to blame my computer, but I know Lake doesn't have great attention to detail when it comes to minor bugs and such....even major bugs sometimes. Anyway still playing this gem despite the bugs and even because of them. 100%'d, though not on the same save file because I have to keep making new ones rawrghhhghh!

I'm thinking about diving back into my console games, but I'm one of those people who likes to do LPs, but I also hate LPs, so it's a vicious cycle of starting games and never playing past the first cutscene unless I fall in love with the game, which doesn't happen often enough.

Edited by lone8643