A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

The Last of Us (PS3)

Lamor

the-last-of-us-video-game-wallpaper-1920

The Last of Us is an upcoming action-adventure survival horror game developed by Naughty Dog for the PS3. The game focuses on two survivors, an adult Joel and a young Ellie , trekking across a post-apocalyptic USA.

The story is set two decades after a cordyceps-type fungus has killed millions, with nature gradually retaking the abandoned cities and towns. The survivors are hemmed inside quarantine zones, completely under the heel of the United States military, with order and screening for any Infected being viciously maintained under martial law. Joel, a hardened black-marketeer within one of the quarantine zones, goes through an event which makes him promise an old friend that he will get a young, fourteen year old girl named Ellie, away from the harsh regime to a resistance group known as the Fireflies. They begin a journey through the USA, avoiding the Infected, humanoid creatures whose sole aim has become spreading the fungal infection. Joel and Ellie also have to avoid scavengers that survive outside the quarantine zones who see Joel and Ellie as their latest prey. Adding to their problems, the military is determined to find Ellie and bring her back under their power.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0e0OEoP500&list=FLOcL1GyNtvlNi4aRxchiMkA&feature=player_detailpage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=FLOcL1GyNtvlNi4aRxchiMkA&v=vxT8wa888HE&feature=player_detailpage

I am really looking forward to this game. It looks amazing from story perspective and the gameplay seems to be tense. Sounds and graphics are top-notch as well. Not to mention that Ellie is so god damn cute :3.

What do you guys think of this game? Is there anyone here who's going to buy it?

• Like 2

It really does look impressive but I don't think it's for me. Everywhere I look these days it's zombies zombies zombies, I've never been into zombies. :P Heck, I still need to try and get to the Uncharted games at some point as far as Naughty Dog goes. (Then again I never played some certain PS2 titles of theirs either...heh). I'm sure my friends will tell me all about this game when it comes out haha.

• Like 1

I've never been into zombies. :P

I'm not going to bring up this "They are INFECTED. TOTALLY DIFFERENT!" bullcrap but TLOU's 'zombies' are pretty original compared to usual zombies. I mean check this out:

Fungus zombies that use echolocation to find you (and kill you in one hit)? Awesome I say. Of course there are also Runners that act essentially like zombies :P

Besides ND said that for most of the time you will fight other survivors (like in the PAX demo I linked).

Everywhere I look these days it's zombies zombies zombies

Yeah that's true but we don't get many zombie games that actually explore the most important part of zombie fiction which is humans interactions, emotions and their psyche. Only game zombie game with that kind of things I can think of is Telltale's The Walking Dead.

I guess to get a better feel for the girl's character, this comic will surely help?

Yes. It's excellent for someone who wants to know more about Ellie. Just don't expect too much 'cause first issue is more like a prologue to next issues.

First thoughts: OMG Get out of that water! There could be alligators!

Second thoughts: Sounds like the Flood from Halo.

Third thoughts: You seem to be really into this, so I think you've covered its finer points well.

I hardly play any new games anymore...only those that are gifted to me and any Sonic game I can get my hands on. Anything post-apocalyptic...honestly scares me.

You seem to be really into this, so I think you've covered its finer points well.

Anything post-apocalyptic...honestly scares me.

I know that feeling bro. I'm a chicken and honestly I'm not sure how I'll handle the infected encounters. Probably run for my life XD...... yeah, running seems like a good idea.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...