A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

dAv5. = Lose.

Zal

Well for those who don't know, dAv5 was just released. Let me tell you, for someone who goes to it frequently, I'm not impressed. ____ the bandwagon for me, I'm not going with it just because everyone else is. Personally I hate the two second photoshop layout they've redone it with, and all they've done is move buttons around and tinkered with a few things to make it "easier".

Oh by the way, the layout code is now officially retarded. A lot of things wont load properly on my computer (and a few other friends have the same problem) plus journals and deviations take a lot longer to load and when they do, sometimes they wont even show up. :rolleyes:

Big thumbs down from me. I wont be renewing my subscription, thanks.

Also, inspect this. This is what it comes up for my friend's account:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v490/Zalorus/screenshot.jpg

I'm going to be honest: it really isn't nearly as bad as you made it sound. In fact I think its quite spiffy, although it does look a little too MySpace/LiveJournalish now. And I still prefer version 4, but that is because thats what I started with.

It looks too much like SheezyArt's color scheme, and SheezyArt sucks worse than DA.

Christ though, couldn't they at least try out these new versions first before testing out a ____ty buggy version on us? Everything is loading slow as hell, and the message thing is all screwed up.

THANKS DA!

Hahahahahaha.

Get bent. The majority of people I've met on DevArt consider this move to be a bad idea.

Get bent? Almost everyone I know has taken a liking to it. I don't really care what your friends dislike about it, just like you don't care what I dislike about it either.

If you check out Spyed's (new webmasterpersonorsomething) page you'll see a bunch of suckups on there telling him how amazingly cool it is.

Plus Ila, the only reason I'm giving it a hard time, is because for me and about three other people I know now have been experiencing critical problems with it. Now it may not seem all that bad to you, but for people who just bought a subscription for a website which now wont work for them, you'd be pissed too.

I shall not correct everyone, only those who are wrong. xD

But yeah seriously I know, I probably took it overboard. I'm just all angry because my friends money is all wasted on a website that now conveniently wont work for them. >_<

...Sue? ::shrug::

I can agree that if I had paid, I'd be pissed off as well for them randomly changing it and not at least preparing me for it. Especially for a redesign as vast as this. Also.. the site looks better on my computer (I'm using Firefox) than it does in your screenshot). Not sure why that is.. maybe you just cut it at the wrong spot? It'll take some getting used to, but I don't think it's that bad. Although it does immediately make me think "omb MySpaceArt!"

...Sue? ::shrug::

I can agree that if I had paid, I'd be pissed off as well for them randomly changing it and not at least preparing me for it. Especially for a redesign as vast as this. Also.. the site looks better on my computer (I'm using Firefox) than it does in your screenshot). Not sure why that is.. maybe you just cut it at the wrong spot? It'll take some getting used to, but I don't think it's that bad. Although it does immediately make me think "omb MySpaceArt!"

Well because in the screenshot, everything mushed up against each other. The code is messed up on some people's browsers and computers. The things wrong with mine are like the comment window ON TOP of the deviations, my friends list dissapearing and all strange stuff.