A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

this is what i was talking about...

nightofgrim

A little bit ago i did a bold thing... i gave an opinion.

anyways, one of them was for a wiki, and that one was shot down the most. Well, clickteam has created exactly what i was talking about, (only its for the MMF2 SDK and not sonic related in anyway).

check it out:

http://clickwiki.stiaxies.net/

its a good start to a very structured on line resource.

if you are wondering about the previouse post, you can find it here:

http://www.sfghqmb.com/showthread.php?t=477

(please don't flame me like im trying to start some kind of revolution or making demands)

Hmmm. You may have something now. However there is a lot to take into consideration.

1) Staff: I'd say we select a few of the "best" we have at SFGHQ to write this... I'm talking innovators like Clwe and Damizean. As well as a few others like some guy named Sly. Too risky to go with the traditional Wiki open source.

2) Direction: We can't just tell people how to do everything, we need to make things informative.

3) Software: I think the Wiki engine is available as some sort of GPU thingy or whatever. Someone look into that. Also we have to be sure emulation zone supports it. I guess we could use some other webspace too... like where the forum is hosted, but thats up to Koray.

4) Timing: Lets discuss for now, but not get too serious until after SAGE.

I think this has the potential for making SFGHQ much more useful now that you found something to go along with your ideas. Sorry for doubting you earlier.

Lots of websites use Wikis, but they're not suitable for everything. I think it would be quite a burden on moderators given some of the people that frequent this site.

There's nothing stopping anyone writing articles for the site and posting them in the R&D forum. I'm not sure if the "advanced discussion" puts people off, but there are plenty of people here who have a lot of advanced knowledge they could share. It's just a case of extracting it from their brains...

3) Software: I think the Wiki engine is available as some sort of GPU thingy or whatever. Someone look into that. Also we have to be sure emulation zone supports it. I guess we could use some other webspace too... like where the forum is hosted, but thats up to Koray.

GNU actually :P It pertains to an operating system, but more often than not, it's just used to say general public license(GPL) in the software world.