A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Pasture Plains Zone (SGDK)

Ell678

A while ago, I started work on this 3D level in Sonic GDK. It was just for fun, and I started it because I was a little tired of Incursion at the time. I recently opened it up and worked on it a little more, and you can see the level itself below. It's the first level of a hypothetical "cartoony" Sonic game. I don't know when, or even if I finish it and release it, but I thought you might like to see it.

• Like 2

Really cute!  I like the visuals and music a lot.  The layout seems a tad flat and linear though.  I noticed that there are a couple of paths in there, but the 3rd dimension adds so many more opportunities for alternate paths and exploration.

Still way better than most 3D fan levels I've seen.

Really cute!  I like the visuals and music a lot.  The layout seems a tad flat and linear though.  I noticed that there are a couple of paths in there, but the 3rd dimension adds so many more opportunities for alternate paths and exploration.

Still way better than most 3D fan levels I've seen.

Thanks! The aim was a "first level" kind of feel, so I wanted to make it a little more linear than I normally would. There are quite a few hidden things, if you take the time out to look for them...

I'l continue work on it, whenever I get the chance. Sonic Incursion is still my main focus.

Like I said before, really reminds me of Mushroom Hill Zone, I guess it's the palette/textures. Has a good Sonic Heroes vibe going for it, which I like. Modern Sonic looks too serious. Anyway yeah it looks nice :D Maybe a bit more flourish could help it stand out, (like vines, flowers, grass ect ect.)

• Like 1

Thanks! The aim was a "first level" kind of feel, so I wanted to make it a little more linear than I normally would. There are quite a few hidden things, if you take the time out to look for them...

I'l continue work on it, whenever I get the chance. Sonic Incursion is still my main focus.

Cool.  I notice there are a couple of homing-attack-chain points over chasms.  Where do you go if you miss?  That'd be a good opportunity to make failure just as interesting as success.

If you miss, you fall down to the "lower" route. You can see an example of this at 1:20 in the video. However, that route is not finished, which explains why the ground is sparse close to the end of the video. There are some opportunities to come back to the top route if you explore.

• Like 1

Loving the colourful aesthetics on this, reminds me of something out of Sonic Team in the Saturn era! I definitely can see a few different paths from time to time, do all the bottom paths happen to be the "longer" route? Only recommendations I can suggest is adding a bit more scenery like tree stomps, plants, bushes etc to add a bit more character.

Looks great otherwise!