A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Original Project of sorts

Chaos-Fusion

So I decided to take a break from Sonic Light and Darkness as I hit another motivation wall so here's what I made when I took a break from making games during my break.

Some of you might recall seeing this on my status a while back:

Well, here's a playable demo of it with an additional feature.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/129u2yguv8wx9yg/Project+Eva.exe

To give more of an idea of what I've thinking of creating:

I want to try and create a metrovania style game where there is a single enemy that can explore the mansion/castle that the game takes place in and acts as the main threat throughout the game. This Ai will decide where it goes and when to attack the player but also to create mini clones of itself to inhabit the game. These enemies that are spawned will be able to access any room in the game meaning that the game will be randomised sorta depending on how these bots distribute themselves. The enemies spawned will range from simple small fry enemies to boss style enemies that spawn rarely.

In terms of player mechanics, the game will lean to a mix of DMC styled combat and the usual metrovania elements where the player gains more and more items + abilities as they progress allowing them to access new areas and deal with the numerous threats much easier.

As it sounds at the moment, its all pretty ambitious and will probably get dropped for another project as I'm the only person working on it but hey, doesn't hurt to try. Hell, the ai that i have in mind is already going to be a bitch to program as it is but that might not be nearly as troublesome as I thought though. Afterall, this is the most progress I've ever done on a functional Ai of sorts and I'm proud of what I've managed to pull off after looking back at past attempts.

Few notes:

Graphics wise, almost everything is a placeholder. Hell, the character sprites are being used from one of my older projects. Wish Chumbucket continued making that template : /

Sound wise, everything is a placeholder. If people want for some reason, I can send them the sound files if they want them. I haven't seen any decent rips of DMC sfx afterall.

Mechanics wise, still being worked on though I will be taking yet another break due to assignment piling up. This demo covers the acrobatics and a test for the gun.

Edited by Chaos-Fusion