A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Defense

DJGameFreak

Just something I started for Sage, maybe for someone looking for something different (if Sega Brawlers isn't enough already). This will basically be a quick little attack/defense game starring Sonic characters, which will only have a few characters and stages, and it's actually a prototype for a game I wanna make that wont have anything to do with Sonic. The objective of the game is to take on an army of Eggman bots being sent through spawners across the levels, along with your on army of chao being sent by your own spawner that you also have to keep from being destroyed or you lose. Once you take out the spawner at the end of the level, a boss is to appear, and you and you chao will have to beat it in order to progress to the next level. There is also 2 elements which will make this interesting, leveling up via score, which will increase you max HP and MP bars, and special money you get for beating enemies(you yourself, it doesn't count if your allies kill them), which can be used back at your base to buy either chaos rings you give you special elements to your attacks, and stronger allies then the chao, like G.U.N. bots.

There may not be a demo right as Sage starts but I may take what I have now, and add two stages real quick to give you something short and sweet, but for now, attached below are practically the first shots I've ever shown of the project.

EDIT:

Got the demo up now. Description of it is 2 posts down: http://www.mediafire.com/download/78zc28u9s9vdfcm/SonicDefense.zip

x)

post-1353-0-05106300-1407036152_thumb.pn

post-1353-0-31136000-1407036157_thumb.pn

post-1353-0-73085400-1407036166_thumb.pn

Edited by DJGameFreak

Ok, I'm back again. This is what I got done with the game so far. There's 3 stages(the music for the first stage was just there for my own pleasure but I said "Flip it" and left it for the lulz), no boss spawns after destroying the last spawner, the level just ends shortly afterward. Due to the scripting of another game I copied from, random items may appear once you take out enemies, what comes out will be fixed later. The shops I planned to have aren't there yet, as I still need time to figure out how to script them to spawn what you need when you have the money.

The gameplay is a general beat'em up that uses your main attack for combos, 3 other buttons for free specials, and your special button when takes more of your MP bar then the free ones.

Playable characters: Sonic, Knuckles, Sally, Bunnie, Vector, Shadow, Nack, and more to come.

That's pretty much it. The download will be linked in the bottom of the OP momentarily.

x)

Edited by DJGameFreak