A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sega Brawlers Megamix

DJGameFreak

Got dat Booth up now.

Meant to post this topic long ago but I'm gettin' caught up in a lot of s*** as of late. The main idea of this game was to take this engine, Open Beats of Rage(OpenBOR for short) and use it to make an all out brawler style fighting game starring many of the classics Sega charqacters, along with guests who have either barely or not at all seen since the genesis era or at least featured on a Sega console.

Download link: Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/51g9mu8p6zgi9r9/Sega_Brawlers_Megamix(NewV3.4).RAR

If you'd like to see more games made with this engine, please visit Chronocrash.com, the main forum for the engine and it's modders:

http://www.chronocrash.com/forum/index.php

If you do download this, there should be a readme in teh zip file somewhere, it should tell you some of the basics of the game and engine. There's also a trick i just learned as of late, where you can hold ALT and press enter to instantly have the game change to or from full screen mode. Maybe you could copy and paste that in the readme, which can actually been see as soon as you open the zip file. :P

Shots attached below.

x)

post-1353-0-43663900-1407032716_thumb.gi

post-1353-0-66836500-1407032745_thumb.pn

post-1353-0-33816500-1407032795_thumb.gi

post-1353-0-14713000-1407033004_thumb.pn

Edited by DJGameFreak
  • Like 1

I just gave it a try. I like what you got here. I find it kinda weird that there's lot of characters to battle, (I tried battle mode first) and there was too much action going on. It got a little confusing to keep track of my character. Also after I won a match, the stage music that I was previously in was still going. Other than that, this is a really awesome idea, I love it. Keep it coming man!

Well gee man, thanks for the comment. :D The big battles depend on what stages you pick, the color also indicates how many people will be on the map, but that's my bad for never getting around to adding a tutorial. It's also never a good idea to try to get in the middle of big brawls, but to stay on the sides and pick other characters off.

Overall, I wanted to give people something different with Sega Brawlers, and since I'm using OpenBOR, I don't have much choice in the matter, lol, so some things will be different, it's the whole reason why I added so many characters on screen at once to. If you wanna tone a down a bit, try arcade mode, where I was trying to be like Fighters Megamix for the Saturn(you get how I got the title name now. ;)) and let you pick your fights, but instead of the entire list of enemies, I give you 4 choices(2 for now) of bosses for each round, and if you pick some with enemies, you'll have partners, and if you have more people playing with you, extra enemies will spawn for the boss, so it makes the mode really dynamic. If you play and finish Adventure mode, you unlock the other game modes where you can select secret characters, play the 4 stages of Alliance mode, and 2 stages for mission mode.

Hope that all helps, and I should add all that s*** to thebooth.

x)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...