A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

[SONIC WORLDS DELTA 1.4.3] How do I Title Screen?

Yeah, I really need help implementing a title screen using the base from the SAGE release to build from. Things I want to achieve:

Classic title screen parallax

How to make a sort of mini cursor (like that one from BTS and Reborn) which can be controlled with the arrow keys. Admittedly, it is a very nifty idea.

So yeah, any help would be great (using MMF2, in case you need to know).

Also, one more thing, can someone tell me how to make reflective water that I keep seeing in so many fan games now?

Edited by InfinityAlex

Yeah, I really need help implementing a title screen using the base from the SAGE release to build from. Things I want to achieve:

Classic title screen parallax

How to make a sort of mini cursor (like that one from BTS and Reborn) which can be controlled with the arrow keys. Admittedly, it is a very nifty idea.

So yeah, any help would be great (using MMF2, in case you need to know).

Also, one more thing, can someone tell me how to make reflective water that I keep seeing in so many fan games now?

1- I honestly don't know how to put parallax in a different frame.

2- Change it's position with Alterable Values that check what thing you're currently on

3- Reflective water is easy, just vertically flip the parallax and put semi transparent water above it.

nw3eqJC.png

Edited by Jassbec

Guest Mr Lange

You could always just manually code images to move on the title screen which is very easy, you don't need the parallax system for that.

• Like 1

Well, what I did was cheat by using the parallaxer object (cuz me n00b @ mmf2) and simply set the offset to change it's position according to the game-timer.

EDIT: I don't know if it works, but for the cursor, you could use a base static movement engine for the mouse and whenever it overlaps the button/something else, it sets its alterable value to 1, and when you press a key while its alterable value is 1, it jumps to the menu/game.

EDIT 2: I don't think this is the cursor you're talking about, but bleh.

Edited by Sir Spacebar