A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Boost Gameplay.

I'm in doubt on how to apply the Boost Gameplay in my game.
My goal is to not let the gameplay completely in style Sonic Rush, i do something similar to Sonic Advance 2, but with a focus on exploration, I do not want to leave the level design phases with absursos sizes just to keep the Boost Gameplay, but also not want to leave the Boost run free in game form.

So far I created a way to limit the Boost, it is a special skill that you'll just run it to fill the power bar, and you can use it freely until the bar runs out, so far so good, still I have wondering whether this way or not.

I'm still confused about this issue and wanted some ideas on how to work with Boost correctly. Maybe or in extreme cases, remove it from the game.

Boost gameplay is fun and doesn't hinder exploration, especially if you can boost in the air since it gives you another way of moving around. You just need to design your levels around encouraging exploration and using the boost to its full potential.

• Like 1