A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Fighting Engine + Bots(Open-Source)

YakonguTB

Looks not too shabby, but could be better.

The jumping's too heavy and could be a little bit higher (with the double jump being reduced somewhat to accommodate), and the movement looks too stiff. Combat looks decent enough, but a bit more knockback could help, and it'd be nice if you gave the movements a bit more flow, for the lack of a better word.

All in all it's okay progress for an open-source engine, and I suppose if I don't like what you've got going I could give a hand at tweaking them to fit my opinions.

• Like 1

Oh, thanks for evaluation. Thank you for the suggestions. And i'm really sorry, if is there something that you didn't liked. That's may becauseni didn't have time of nothing to do it. I made it very simple simple engine and effects. I did not have time to draw effects to the game. Then I just edited the previous and the hit effect is from a fighting game called M.U.G.E.N. I'd like ti accept your help, but i like to do the things by my self hehehe. And you can adjust the things by yourself in the open-source to fit as you want. Inlikednyour comment and evaluation. You look like a interisting guy. Hope see more of your comments on my other jobs. And i want see some of your job too. Thanks a lot.see you later

• 4 weeks later...

One thing that will make it look much better is to add some feedback to the characters when a hit happens. You can simulate this with hitstop (freezing the characters when hit), or you can just add some knockback to the hits.

Same concept applies to those energy attacks. It would look and feel much stronger if it knocked sonic backwards a bit when he fires it.