A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Disney confirms Incredibles 2 and....Cars...3?

Abominal Taz

First off, a moment...*ahem*

JonTron_Real.png

tumblr_m8do7xrJIG1qf8btso1_400.gif

dwight-schrute-celebration-jump.gif

tumblr_inline_mmdqaadN5K1qz4rgp.gif

83701_Oh_my_God_Thank_God.gif

Thank you...now then.

http://mashable.com/2014/03/18/the-incredibles-2-cars-3-sequels-disney-pixar/?utm_cid=mash-com-fb-main-link

Pixar is working on a sequel to 2004's The Incredibles, the popular computer-animated superhero movie from Walt Disney Pictures, Disney CEO Bob Iger revealed on Tuesday during the company's annual shareholders meeting in Oregon.

Iger said The Incredibles 2 as well as Cars 3 are both in development, with Incredibles director Brad Bird formulating the sequel's plot. No timeline was given on their releases, but an announcement on the Disney Pixar Facebook page just made it official.

It's been 10 years and we're finally getting the sequel we've been dying of adulthood,(that is if you're around my age...), to see! So far no release date as stated but it's awesome that we're getting a sequel to an epic movie.

Oh...and Cars 3 is apparently gonna be a thing...I just...

tumblr_m8cdtdxugy1rsznp2.gif

• Like 1

The thing I liked about Pixar back then was that they generally were always making new stories, worlds, and characters for people to love. The exception to this being Toy Story which I feel was consistently good across all three movies and thus don't mind, because it had such a strong cast of characters to make it work (plus it is easy enough to have people really relate to). But I mean it just seems like they keep doing sequels or prequels to each of their old franchises and a lot of what they've been doing lately has been so hit and miss. So I'm not sure how I feel about The Incredibles getting a sequel, considering the first one was so good and I'm not sure how a sequel will stack up. I'll stay cautiously optimistic for it - but I kind of feel like Pixar has started becoming increasingly irrelevant and are seriously losing their touch.

The thing I liked about Pixar back then was that they generally were always making new stories, worlds, and characters for people to love. The exception to this being Toy Story which I feel was consistently good across all three movies and thus don't mind, because it had such a strong cast of characters to make it work (plus it is easy enough to have people really relate to). But I mean it just seems like they keep doing sequels or prequels to each of their old franchises and a lot of what they've been doing lately has been so hit and miss. So I'm not sure how I feel about The Incredibles getting a sequel, considering the first one was so good and I'm not sure how a sequel will stack up. I'll stay cautiously optimistic for it - but I kind of feel like Pixar has started becoming increasingly irrelevant and are seriously losing their touch.

You are right on that one. Monsters University was alright, not too bad for a prequel, but is inferior to the first. Cars 2 though was just disappointing because they focused on another character other than keeping it consistent with what they had. The spinoff of that, Planes, just...fell really flat and just the fact that that's also getting a sequel is really making me lose hope in Pixar. The only thing that's keeping the looming doubts about Incredibles 2 away is that Brad Bird wants to approach this with care rather than just make it "something the fans have been waiting for".

I'm holding out for an "a Bug's Life" sequel. This is just more salt in the wound. 

Dude, I thought they were teasing that in the Toy Story 2 blooper reel, but nope. Just another broken dream.

If it makes you feel any better, Planes and Planes 2: Plane Harder are Disney Toon productions, not Pixar technically. I haven't seen Planes but I'm sure someday I'll break down and buy it since I've got every other Pixar movie on Blu-Ray. 

Cars 3 is a sacrifice I'll take for an Incredibles 2. To me though it's just even more torturous that there isn't a new Pixar movie this year (although there is a new Monsters Uni short in front of Muppets Most Wanted), but I am pretty excited about The Good Dinosaur for next year. It's just a year without a new movie from them feels weird.

So much Pixar. This makes 6 films announced now.

• Like 1

The Incredibles is just about the only Pixar movie that needs a sequel. Cars and Planes are the only Pixar movies i dont care for. 

Don't want to jump, but seeing so much focus on sequels is sort of concerning. If Pixar starts making bad movies i think im gonna kill myself.  My only hope for the Incredibles is that it doesn't include the same family, or at least isn't centered around them.  

Edited by Serephim

My only hope for the Incredibles is that it doesn't include the same family, or at least isn't centered around them.  

The Incredible's Facebook page posted this caption on a picture:

It’s official: we’re currently working on a new film featuring your favorite characters from The Incredibles!

My bets are on it following TS3's steps in that the amount of real time since the last film will translate into the movie itself.

I love the Incredibles. The jokes were hilarious during the time (And still is!), the animation is awesome, the music is catchy, and the concept is great. I seriously cannot wait for the Incredibles 2.

Umm... Cars 3?

umm.gif?w=580

What can I say about Cars 3? I mean, I love the first Cars movie. I did not see Cars 2, but I heard mixed feelings about it.

What can I say about Cars 3? I mean, I love the first Cars movie. I did not see Cars 2, but I heard mixed feelings about it.

Cars 2 isn't the best follow-up, and really should have just been a spin-off*, but it's not that bad, I mean it is an entertaining movie still, but they took what they had in the first film and gave it the backseat to focus on another character due to popularity. I do recommend seeing it though.

The reason I'm not crapping my pants over Cars 3 is because planes pretty much killed the concept.

Seriously, they should have just called it "The Mater Movie."

• Like 1