A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Character Spriting Request

Hello! In my fangame, we have come up with an original character. No, this is NOT original the recolor. He was created following the "forumla" that each of the trilogy games has:

The next character's color is on the opposite end of the color wheel (he would be either purple or green, we chose PURPLE)

Land animal that people don't immediately think of when someone says "animal" (animals that break this rules are things like dogs and cows)

The characters name directly pertains to its ability

OiBzA87.jpg

This is him. That is a concept sketch by zigzax, but AS YOU CAN SEE it is NOT original the recolor. There's a lot of things that differentiate him from sonic tails and knuckles.

Anyways

I suck at sprites, and Zigzax (my tile guy) is too busy to worry about an entire new set of character sprites, so we need YOU!

Preferences:
In the Sonic 1/CD style but colored like sonic 2

Animations are based off tail's animations (ie, walking and jumping)

Make the shoes something other than the original trio's shoes. So no white stripe, bichromatic colored shoes, or lego bricks

In the sketch, Pin has about 10 spikes circling his head. Shorten it to about 6 to make it look better, 10 is like impossible. Here is what i can do to give you an example... I know, its bad :I

VUIJPUI.png

That is all.

Can you do it? Help would be really appreciated! (if you can't do an entire sheet, make JUST a base sprite. I can probably make-do off of that.)

• 4 weeks later...

Here is a base to edit from.

A_zps8dd3ccf7.pngA_zpsfdb80b8c.png

Personally I feel you aught to go back the the concept phase and try out more designs for a character. 
At current his design isn't that distinguishable from sonic as yet imo.  Spiriting all those quills were pain since you are going to translate to pixel sprites; You need clear form in your character design so you'll have an easier time with spriting, especially if your new at sprites

Edited by Pulse0