A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Multiple Player Objects in MMF2

How might one approach creating a second player object that is manipulable in sonic worlds? I'm not looking to make a partner system or anything, I'm just wondering how to make S3K style in game cut scenes easier to produce.

Don't feel afraid to make things complicated, I know my ABC's yo.

I don't use MMF2, but the way I would do it is to just set a global variable that checks if the current frame is a cutscene or not. If it is, disable all player input. Then you can set up several events with timers and stuff. 

i.e.

if iscutscene = true and levelframe = whatever
{
        playerinput = false;

if timer > 30
        { make Sonic move to the right; }
        if timer > 60
        { make Sonic jump; }
}

I'm sorry that this is written in code, lol but it should be self explanatory in a way. I have a feeling MMF2 has some kind of built-in code editor.

I appreciate your input, but that's not what I was asking, ha ha. I knew this one already. I was asking how you would create a second player object. I mean, spawn another sonic with all of it's sensors and everything. Like how knuckles attacks eggman in sonic and knuckles in hidden palace. I'm assuming the game spawns a whole new player object, and gives it movement values based on time.

Anyways, this is what MMF2 looks like (or at least how I prefer it)

In a spoiler because it's big

IhohdOs.png

I appreciate your input, but that's not what I was asking, ha ha. I knew this one already. I was asking how you would create a second player object. I mean, spawn another sonic with all of it's sensors and everything. Like how knuckles attacks eggman in sonic and knuckles in hidden palace. I'm assuming the game spawns a whole new player object, and gives it movement values based on time.

Anyways, this is what MMF2 looks like (or at least how I prefer it)

In a spoiler because it's big

IhohdOs.png

Gah sometimes I wish I knew how to use MMF2 :S I've always wanted to try and make something with Worlds. 

Anyways, can't you just spawn multiple player objects with those same timers? I'm not too familiar with how Worlds works with player objects.

This typically happens to me:

I have a problem

I post it here

I get feedback

I end up figuring it out.

This is the case too. I figured it out. You have to create a second, entirely new set of value holders, sensors, and player skins* then basically reproduce the regular code. I'm going to attempt to make a partner system with this :P

*that is TECHNICALLY optional, it just seems easier to organize