A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

The Love Story Known As JAM

ECLIPSc70

Hey guys, I figured Id follow suit with some of the other developers and make a topic here to perhaps get some feedback. I entered Jam into Sage for a couple reasons, one very important reason is to hopefully find a programmer that will help with the games engine. My collision detection is off by a lot and the only reason the game doesn't have slopes is because I lack the proper knowledge to program them smoothly, although I have attempted many times, unfortunately the results where lackluster. The demo is only a test stage to show how the game will play obviously but any feedback, good or bad, would be much appreciated and will help JAM grow as a game and myself grow as a designer.

PS: Check out the JAM booth if you haven't already and feel free to leave a comment.

Edited by ECLIPSc70

I haven't played this yet, but I gotta commend you on making an original ip here dude. I'll make sure to find some time to play this sometime this week/weekend to give you some feedback, I like seeing original ideas moreso these days just 'cause I'm kind of phasing out of Sonic. Good luck with the game!

So I was going to feature your game on my lets play channel since I'm doing full coverage of sage and all, but I unfortunately couldn't due to a number of odd glitches. The first and most important one would be the lack of sound. There was absolutely no sound at all, and considering that the main mechanic relies on sound, playing it would be kinda weird with out it. The other weird glitch was an odd frame rate issue where the game ran at like 10 fps so it was like a delayed slow-mo segment through out the whole game. There were also a few odd animation glitches where some animations would only play if activated while facing a certain direction. It was odd, and an isolated case considering other people seem to have no trouble playing it. I was pretty bummed about it since I was looking forward to playing an original title here at sage. Sorry man :C

So Act 1 is officially over I believe. I'll admit it may not have been the most optimal choice to enter my game in Sage but I am very glad I did mainly because of the feedback. I wanna thank you guys for testing out my game and helping me with some of your critiques. Like I've said a couple times, this game, concept-wise, is the most worked on piece of art I have and I have so many more stories to it than just the game you guys played. Since my programming is a tad horrible I may consider messing around with the Sonic Dash engine or something similar for proper slopes and collision detection.

Again thank you everyone for testing this game out and helping me out.