A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Well, someone had to make a topic sooner or later, I guess I'll be the first.

HBSTitle.png

Compared to some of the other titles at this year's show, this one is somewhat modest, and it's one of the few non-Sonic games, but I did what I could to make up for that. I hope you guys enjoy it. Hopefully there won't be too many issues...

It's also an opportunity for me to basically signpost a request for assistance on making assets (art, etc.) for this game, since I don't have much to work with. I'm not sweating it since I'm not getting my hopes up, but we'll see, I suppose.

Edited by Candescence

I actually quite liked it, well the single player at least. I didn't really have anyone to play 2Player with soooo yeah lol. I featured it on my channel along with a full critique which you can check out here: 

I hope this keeps going, and until you do secure someone like a pixel artist, I wouldn't worry about the graphics too much. I think you should just keep focusing on refining and streamlining the level design and handling.

Alright, going through that video right now, and it's a good opportunity to tweak some things for the newest build I'm uploading...

- You broke the VS menu. How did you do that? I'm actually impressed XD Also, there wasn't actually a 'back' button before, which was a slight oversight, it's now the escape key.

- The readme is in the zip files and has an online link in the game page. It's amazing how so many people don't bother to read it before they do anything xD A copy is now in each game folder just in case. Oh, and you can rebind the keys in the options menu.

- You actually came across a couple of bugs, including the 0 MP bug that didn't reset the regeneration if blocking is used when MP is 0, and a bug that basically renders you invincible in certain circumstances. I've fixed the ones I could replicate in the newest upload. So, yeah, don't be so reckless when engaging the enemy, anymore, because that'll just get you killed VERY quickly XD

- I've also thinned the hitboxes on some of the characters somewhat.

- You can actually drop down through the platforms by pressing down+jump. Which is in the readme as well XD Speaking of which, I've changed the platforms, the new setup looks nicer and easier to traverse, I think.

- Yeah, a few of the names/terms might be a bit confusing to those who don't know much about Digimon, but I tried to write things so it was fairly easy to infer what they were (Chrome Digizoid obviously being some kind of tough metal, etc).

- Oh, and you should probably check the dialogue menu regularly, because you can converse with Devimon while you're exploring and during his boss fight.

- The axe can be thrown, it's 'F' by default, if I recall correctly, it drains the blue meter, which doesn't regenerate.

- I know the placement of the 'fog' isn't exactly optimal. I'll probably tweak it considerably over time.

- I have been thinking of modifying the way the moment works, the way things work now is actually very much like how the original Battle Spirit worked. Probably should remove the slight delay on landing, at least. Oh, and there's a run button, by the way, it's shift by default.

So, yeah. I'm not sure if the Windows and Mac executables are properly updated, but they should have the bugfixes, at least.