A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Ink's Spriting Stuffs.

Ink

I had a thread at some point but hell if I'm going to dig several years in to find it. :P So here's a new one.

You may know me from my "Bootleg Sonic" sprites:

SonitailTheCavityFightingCatThing.png  BlingBlingTheGangstaHedgie2.png

InvertTheHedgehog.png  SonicPolishPickle.png

ObamaTheWizardhog.png

SonicPolishPickle_point_1.gifSonitailsTheCavityFightingCatThing_.gifBlingTheHedgehog_ani_1-5.gif

Just silly stuff but they're fun. :P

Slightly more serious and far more recent work are my chao sprites. These I'm rather proud of since they're not edited off existing work. They're not perfect and I'm still working on them, and any critiques are appreciated. :) The fat one at the bottom and the one below it are characters of mine from an old sprite comic I used to do. I couldn't resist spriting them, too, and I might re-do my old comics or at least continue them with the original art.

chao_sheet_zps10011ab8.png

And then of course, animated:

chao_crying_animated_3_zps3488326b.gif

• Like 2

Hey, it's the Picklehog! And OBAMA, too. You forgot the urinal Sonic though :I

Also, if you want to easily find your thread, head to your profile and search for all threads created by you - it should pop up there.

That's one fat as hell Chao...

You're right, I did forget Sonic at the urinal! Shame on me! Here's the animated version (I pixeled the urinal, a friend animated this):

SepEdit_peesonic.gif

Good tip about old threads, though I don't think I'll bother now I've made this one. Thanks, though.

And yes, yes it is. XD

So I've been trying to recreate the "chao playing with ball" animation from Tiny Chao Garden. It's been difficult for me because it's a lot of angles I'm not used to, but I think I've pulled it off for the most part. It could probably use improvement but I'm not sure where. Thoughts and critiques are hugely appreciated. :)

Also for some reason it glitched while it was saving and for some reason I've got a weird residual image towards the end of the loop. I can't seem to get rid of it either. So ignore that for now. :P

chao_ball_animated_1_zps91535412.gif

• Like 1

I really didn't give the outline much thought. I'm not sure how to get enough definition on such a simple character to eliminate the lines. I might play with it a bit. I hadn't really thought about the shading either, not sure what you mean exactly. You mean using the outline color as further shading?