A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Kill La Kill

Rawr

Beware this is a HUGE post. I've been putting an intense amount of thought into what has been going on in this show lately and so I'm going to lay it on the line here. I gotta say if this ends up being correct then bravo Trigger - you guys have had this laid out for us since day one and I'm only really starting to see some major connections here among the symbolic elements that I had no idea were going on until I took a further look.

Its been brought to my attention, and I cannot believe I forgot this, that we already DID see Nui in episode 1's flashback. I do not have any doubt in my mind that she was in fact the one who killed Ryuko's father now - I have a different theory with Satsuki now. But anyway in episode one there is a certain figure that was shown that matches Nui Harime: DwKXzdU.jpg

Even the blade (though distorted from the movement in the flashback) is similar. The purple colour simply could be a byproduct of the arena area being red and it is actually blue. The flashback simply could be coloured the way it was in the flashback there as a visual means to make it stick out and/or lead the viewer into believing it is Satsuki. I highly doubt that Satsuki was the one who killed Ryuko's father at this point too but I'll get to that in a second. A pic of the blade though for comparison:

Ep11_nuiscissorblade.png

This is the episode 8 flashbacks/current episode flashback:

%5BUnderwater%5D%20KILL%20la%20KILL%20-%

As you can see the person leaping away is CLEARLY Satsuki in this shot. However if Ryuko had actually recognized the form from the day the event happened she would have recognized Satsuki right away upon seeing her, which if I recall was not the case. No I believe that Ryuko got so obsessed with her father's killer being Satsuki that her mind is appropriating her image into the flashback as the one who did it. She is simply now fooling herself into believing 100% that Satsuki is the one who did it and it has given her so much drive to continue on that she can't think of any other possibility. Which to be fair - is totally valid as who left would there be that Ryuko would actually have knowledge about? The thing is Satsuki has never once claimed that she was the one who did it only that she knew the truth which leads me into my theory explaining furthermore what I believe is to be going on here...

Satsuki is not actually a villain. Gasp. I mean this one seems almost obvious at this point and throughout the series I thought something seemed a little off with her and the elite four. Considering the villains do have slightly despicable natures they are all brought upon for certain connections or qualities they have - whether it be leadership or even more common among them is a sense of rebellion (with nonon being somewhat of an exception here). In the flashback with Nonon though - Satsuki is seen standing on the playground in front of her mother's company but it was very much a speech of rebelling and not of following the order of how things were done:

kill-la-kill-satsuki-child-messiah.jpg

Not only that but the playground almost looks like a building in construction, Satsuki's empire is now in progress but it is only there in foundation contrasted with the empire behind her that she despises. One - why would she leave her city and her mother and end up in a place with her father if there wasn't anything important here. More than that - where IS her father? I know we have seen him once in a flashback for a brief moment and that was that. There is something else at play here - something happened to make Satsuki want to rebel against her mother. You get Inumata on her team for trying to hack in to her parents company but instead of destroying him she recruits him because he was able to crack the best security in the nation and is able to collect extremely useful information for her team. Why would she need to collect data if the Revocs corporation has ties to creating things with Life Fibers anyway? I assume it was Revocs that created the Kamui so why is Satsuki creating Goku uniforms and trying to maximize their effectiveness on the common human. Only certain people can handle percentages of the life fibers up to a certain degree, remember that.

Satsuki is building an army to take down her mother. She loses her composure at Nui Harime appearing because it is fucking things up but she knows for a fact there is nothing she can do by this point. Her jig is up - someone is onto her because she donned the Kamui and now her mother is coming to put a stop to it (at least I'm assuming that is the case here). Satsuki didn't outright come out to tell Ryuko the truth because she figures with Ryuko wielding the scissor and eventually gaining a Kamui that she'd be a useful asset in her army. Not only that but by collecting data on the Kamui will she be able to replicate it and figure out how to destroy her mother? The thing is that to Satsuki to motivate everyone she believes that humans are simply pigs in human clothes - to weed out the ones who wish to rise above that status and really prove their worth to the world. To submit to that reality would be no different than being the average, mindless drone. If you don't want to be a pig in human clothing than prove it - she certainly doesn't see those as her equals as pigs does she? She actually treats her elite four and even Ryuko with a sense of respect compared to the general low lives. Her loss of composure at Nui though is the fact that the charade is up. She needed Ryuko to have her eyes set on her to give her the motivation to want to get stronger and stronger before turning her sights at Ragyo (satsuki's mother).

Satsuki's actions would certainly explain that her viewpoint on clothing as a whole is contradictory to the vanity her family seems to have - as even the place where she stays is empty and barren (although it is more fancy than those beneath her). The thing is Satsuki isn't doing any of this out of vanity or status and her academy and the city around it is mostly all dilapidated and cold. It is very basic and I feel that she is mostly about things being functional. It is a highly militaristic sort of look overall and really contrasts Ragyo's wardrobe which is filled with hundreds of dresses and outfits and the fancy spectacle that is where she rules over. Which leads me to "if Satsuki is so strong why can't she defeat her mother".

Avert yer eyes if you don't wanna see some bum (I mean we already had underboob in the thread)

tumblr_mxtjny9aTC1s79d6fo1_500.jpg

I only posted this shot simply because look at her hair and the scars on her back. The scars almost indicate to me she has been stitched up at some point and carries within her body life fibers. In essence she has become some sort of incredibly powerful fusion between a kamui and a human. The hair would indicate to me this as well since Ryuko's hair does the same thing when she wears Senketsu. Strangely I didn't notice this at all with Satsuki, who appearance wise stayed relatively the same. Still - this to me is most likely what Nudist Beach fears will happen to Ryuko and they want to prevent that. Either they wish to prevent this outcome or prevent the outcome that happened to the woman Tsumugu mentioned in episode 5 when he first appeared. Nudist Beach is definitely preparing for the worst and would gladly take Ryuko out if things got too out of hand. I don't entirely trust them by this point but I feel they are like Satsuki in that they are now being portrayed as villains but are in fact trying to protect people from Ragyo Kiryuin.

There is still a lot left that doesn't really connect yet and this is all theory for now but I feel this is starting to add up in my mind and I am gonna be really surprised if I am on the wrong track here. If I am that'd be a pleasant surprise of course as that'd mean I'm still not connecting the dots here.

But season 2 of this show (from episode 13ish to 25) I feel is going to undergo a Gurren Lagann type shift in that we're going to get the resolution finally and then open up the real big bad villains of the show. Satsuki and Ryuko being the Viral and Simon together, with Nudist Beach playing the part of Rossiu and Ragyo/Revocs being the Anti-Spiral.

I mean this is all not even taking into account the red string of fate symbolism and everything either of course!! But I mean that one is a little more blatant :P.

Normally I don't put this much thought into a series but that's just how hardcore I am about Kill La Kill. It's my favourite thing out there so far. Sorry if my thoughts are a little disorganized its getting late here haha.

Edited by Rawr
  • Like 1

I don't think Ryuko really thought her plans for revenge through. Because now her father's murderer is standing in front of her and its not Satsuki like she believed. What if she defeats Nui then what? Just let Satsuki do whatever she wants? I do get that she will fight Satsuki and will most likely team up with her but I just don't think Ryuko's character has really thought about things.

That was the point I was making in my post at one point though. Ryuko has always been rash and fueled by revenge and so because she was so consumed by it and convinced herself it was Satsuki that's all she was able to focus on. Now Nui is in front of her and all that changed. On one hand I think Ryuko is super pissed she got it wrong and also super pissed that now her father's murderer is right in front of her. Its my theory that Satsuki wanted Ryuko to stay pissed at her to eventually turn her on to Nui/Ragyo buuuuuuut that's all up in the air now obviously. But no Ryuko from day one has never really thought about things as she is fueled by a hot blooded attitude. Ryuko's plan from day one was never to liberate the people of the academy - just to take down her father's murderer.

She isn't much different from Satsuki and/or other the other villains and the show has made no attempt to portray her as anything but that even if it is somewhat subtle. She and Satsuki have a lot in common if my theory about Satsuki is correct - in that they both don't like lives filled with vanity. The episode with Mako and her family in it where they became consumed with greed had Ryuko trying to bring them back down to the bottom of the barrel because of her own feelings. The way the family bowed to her and tried to suck up to her at the very end of the episode was very elite 4 to me as well. I mean I could be reading way too much into it but Ryuko was even presented much like a typical villain of the week would be at the very beginning of the series. I mean she is coming into a society filled with order trying to create anarchy just to further her own goal and nobody else's.

Now the only thing is she obviously cares about Mako and her family now so perhaps there might be something there for her once this all is over. But I wouldn't be surprised at a Satsuki/Ryuko team up.

Episode 12 is out.

Mako is still being awesome and Nonon is still best deva.

People die when they are killed by blood loss!

TTP1SkV.jpg

FATALITY!

Oh, and next ep after a 2 week break. Oh well, at least christmas is now saved from being ruined courtesy of Trigger.

DON'T LOSE URRRR WWWAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY~!

I do hope we get Raygo's and Nui's themes since the former is epic and I don't remember the latter.

But finally I'll be able to get better KLK sound mods for TF2. I'm using Don't lose your Way for the regular ubercharge that I ripped off Episode 3 and it has Ryuko yelling off the top of her lungs in that. But it goes pretty well with the Demo's charge so you win some you lose some its all a game to me.

Nui's theme is track 17.

Sawano's awesome, but those goddamn track names are just... wut. So yeah, let's work on track numbers instead.

As for Raygo, it's Blumenkranz - track 4, and it's awesome.

If you know some german, you'll have fun reading the hilarious lyrics.

• 2 weeks later...

So im on episode 11 and this is either up there with my top anime's or up there of my over the top anime's... Or both. I love the history teacher, he is hilarious, especially with what he does when he talks to the main character at his house. I also love the little things. Like the computer guy unzipping his coat just to gasp.

Although is there a set day when these are released? I know naruto is every thrusday but some anime's like sword art are basically whenever the developers feel like it.

And I don't know if its because I got spoiled of Secirei and freezing vibration in a row, but the "Fan service" in this one is underwhelming. Its weird going back to no detail.

But so far the story is pretty good and so are the fight scenes ((Even know I constantly need to stop it for it to load, and the website I am on ((Animefave)) has this stupid thing where if the video is fully loaded then it'll just end in the middle and act like its done, then it has to be loaded AGAIN even know its already loaded.

Edited by Pharaoh Shadon

NOOOOO SENKETSU. ALL THE SADS. I know he'll get revived somehow but WUHGH.

Also thank you Satsuki for not having Ryuko be killed you just went up +10 points in my cool meter even though I already thought you were a super badass character anyway. But you spared my fave anime protag so you are now my second fave in the show for reals ;o;

NOOOOO SENKETSU. ALL THE SADS. I know he'll get revived somehow but WUHGH.

Also thank you Satsuki for not having Ryuko be killed you just went up +10 points in my cool meter even though I already thought you were a super badass character anyway. But you spared my fave anime protag so you are now my second fave in the show for reals ;o;

This is quite an unpredictable anime. I can see them

Killing off Senketsu and making Ryuko train under the teacher or use whatever that one girl is using since it seems to be vastly superior. ((Even know its probably her skill))