A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Good resolution for Game Editor?

Kirs1990

The title explains itself.

I'm making a Pokemon Engine with Game Maker. That is, I dont have Windows forms, so programming the editor to work being resizable is a pain in the ass. Or two.

Currently, the editor is at 1024x768, the first res I used to start building it and test it.

But after use it a lot fot like a real end-user instead of just testing, it felt very very small.

Some help here would be welocome.

Which resolution would be the best?

Should I assume most people have 1080p monitor?

At the end, I'll try to make it resizable, but for now, I need to focus on funcionality, while trying also to make it comfortable to use.

I will enable full screen in the future, sure.

But I wanna know what is the best resolution to use in windowed mode, because the one I'm using seems too small : /

You should check out the resolutions of the computers that are going to use your editor.

1366x768 has been doing good for me, but I always try to keep it resizable.

Thank you. I think I'm gonna stick with 1366x768, as it seems is the minimum resolution of all monitors out there.

Maybe in the future I'll make a 1080 version, to have both aspect ratios, but I cant make it resizable, or allow the player to choose the desired resolution, that requieres soooooo much work (almost rewrite the entire editor) to make it not look bad as hell.