A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Project ESTATE

Highwire4

Well, I tested the build.

It reminded me a lot of portal.

One big issue I had was the jumping, if you jump and hit a wall, the character just stops, making some platforming more difficult than it should, also, once you jump and land, try shooting something, You can't? yep, you can't shoot until you move to the left or right (not sure if either of these is intended)

Overall, I like what I've played, though I didn't receive any particular instructions, I just played though it, but yeah, jumping is very buggy.

Jumping and platforming has been the most reported complaint from you guys and I've been researching ways of how to fix it. I think I've found a solution thats relatively easy to do and is pretty flexible. Going to put it in as soon as I can, then I can get to work on fixing all the problems reported with shooting, including all of the confusing key bindings. I'll probably send that out once that's done and we can see how the game feels then!

SOOOO, I've been doing coding and the like ever since the last build was released and I've pretty much addressed every problem you guys have brought up to some extent. The next build will play MUCH smoother than the first and have some new things in it for you guys to mess around with.

When I say smooth though, I really mean SMOOOTH. I played the build I sent you guys recently just to see how far I've really gone in a few weeks and good LORD does the character feel like a 80 ton rock covered in fly paper compared to the way it feels in the new build.

I don't know when you guys will get the new build though since finals are coming up in the next 3 weeks and you all know what thats like. So I'm focusing on school stuff for a while till I get time to code some more.

Thank you guys again for testing this! <3

• 2 months later...

Hey whats up guys. 

I've been on a bit of a hiatus from this game since around November and I'm finally getting back to work on it for school. I'm taking a practicum course for this so you can expect a lot of progress in the next few months. To give you guys a better idea of the amount of work and updates I'll be doing, I'm required by my professor to create a new prototype of at least 3 rooms every 2 weeks. That means a new build every 2 weeks for my beta testers out there along with a lot of updates to this topic. 

A lot of the work that was done in the past was mostly done on the engine--getting things implemented and working like jumping and guns and stuff like that. This isn't going to be the case for a while. My focus has shifted away from that for the time being (Though I will still be working on that stuff don't worry) and is now focusing back on the design aspects of the game; such as the beat, the pacing, the structure logic, streamlined mechanics, story, character designs, graphics, etc. So the next few betas I send out aren't going to be about finding bugs per say but mostly about finding a formula thats fun and works. 

Lot of things are going to be thrown around in this period of time and I'm unsure of how it'll go, especially since I'm still working on Sonic Lost Adventure while I do this, but I'll be doing my best to be productive. 

Thank you guys for putting up with no updates to this and sorry for the lack of progress in recent months. 

Full steam ahead motherfuckers.

• 2 weeks later...

So the latest prototype has been sent to most of the testers at this point and I'm currently awaiting feedback. Some of you on the list haven't received it because the messenger just refuses to send if for one reason or another, so make sure your inboxes aren't full or something.

So anyway, from this point onward there will be a new prototype every 2 weeks! I'll be sharing screenshots soon as well, but yeah! At the rate the game is going I'm hoping to have a short demo ready for SAGE Act 2 of this year.