A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Infinity [PREPARING FOR SAGE]

Guest Mr Lange
Keeping them is fine too. I was just thinking them being halved actually gave gravity to losing the shield. Losing fire/water/electricity shields frustrates the hell out of me because you lose the double jump or the infinite breath or the fire dash abilities you had before. If you lost the ring shield the player would just shrug it off as the effect it had hasn't completely gone. Having half the rings disappear is not only fair but it actually gives the player a bigger reason to be more careful with the shield.

That doesn't make any sense. There is no advantage to having twice as many rings other than score. Reducing the rings after the shield is lost means there is no point in the ring shield at all, it might as well just be a normal shield.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The point of it is to increase the chance in getting extra lives not to increase the score, who cares about the score?

You have 90 rings and with the shield you're 10 away from an extra life, then you lose it and your rings are down to 45 which is considerably more away from an extra life.

But again I will stress that you can do what you want Alex, it's your game.

Noted.

Edit: In fact, Apricity makes a good point. I'm planning on placing some particularly evil challenges for those who end up on a bad path. Hell, even the first act of the game has its own slightly evil bumper/bottomless pit challenge. The ring shield could grant you 1 UPs to better your chances, but there is a risk involved in it, too.

• 3 weeks later...