A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Salom Adventure V2 - Released!

My first post here go easy on me guys.

I have played the game and I like the effect and special stuff you put here. Though the level design need some work. Personally some gimmicks that could be better implemented, some cheap shots, and a bit too much death pits. (I personally think that If you're gonna add some death pits in the first level. Don't. Or at least make em rare occurance)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This. That specific part drove me crazy. I died the first time and felt a bit cheated. Then several more attempts had me trying to nail helicopter and missing, so I would homing attack my way back to the platform, miss, have to jump off, homing attack back again in the other direction, and repeat until I missed a jump and died, because the homing reticle was unresponsive. The extremely loose friction makes it impossible to actually stay on the platform when you land on it, so I had no choice but to keep jumping and homing attacking backwards. Eventually I finally did manage to get on the helicopter but it cost me a few lives.

Also, what the hell am I supposed to do here:

[qimg]http://s22.postimg.org/5zo5zqphd/36977837.png[/qimg]

The spring just leads into spikes. I can't go back down where I came because of the launchers, although I did manage to force myself back down and there's no alternate route, so I'm trapped in that area. The spring is on a floating thing, which suggests I'm supposed to... move it so it points to the open area above that I can't reach? Nothing I do causes the spring to move, and I just take damage when touching the bottom half. I tried every move I could think of and interacted with the object in various ways. That floating spring will not budge. So if you were trying to make a new, more evil version of the Carnival Night barrel, I think you succeeded.

I forgot to mention that. I couldn't tell if something wasnt working correctly or if the random saw was there just to let you seppuku for messing it up.

While im at it, i should mention something about these levels that really grinds me. You really should do away almost completely with bottomless pits, unless it's a specific platforming section. The reason is, there are alot of hidden paths that are accessible by jumping at different parts on rails or paths, that you'd miss by simply whizzing past. But these are almost impossible to experiment with or anything, because many times jumping without a path to reach results in a pitfall death.

This game is pretty good. Pretty well designed, and great music. However, I can not get my 360 controller to work. At all. My controller worked in the first demo though. The rumble works however so it is "working", but it makes some levels impossible due to the QTEs trying to work with the controller. Also, when I closed the game and I unplugged my controller and plugged it back in, the controller became player 2.

dont know if this was intentional or anything, but the updated version seems to run at a much slower framerate than the first one. It's actually a really good thing. The elements are way easier to naturally react to, makes for a much better play experience. If its a bug, I think you could maybe consider slowing down the entire game by a small factor. The cutting down on the death factors also made for a much better experience as well. I never got very far in green hill before quitting, but the level design towards the end was pretty clever. I like how you used Salom's powerups and effects to make Sonic feel like a naturally stronger and faster character.

• 2 weeks later...