A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Please support my fundraiser!

KgZ

Hey Everyone!

Recently I was awarded the IGDA Japan Scholarship to attend the Tokyo Game Show this September, one of the largest international video game conferences in the world. This is a such a gracious opportunity and it has been my childhood dream. Unfortunately, travel costs are more expensive than ever. Even tapping into all of my savings, it's just not enough. I need just a small push to make it across the Pacific Ocean.

For those of you not familiar, I am one of the composers for Sonic: Before the Sequel and After the Sequel. I have recently worked on console titles such as Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, and The Bureau: XCOM Declassified. I contribute to video game communities, and part of the chiptune and fan game groups.

I included rewards for those who can donate more money.

The most optimal is $30, where I will write a personal theme song for you!

I want to eventually make a positive change in the video game industry by reaching new audiences and sharing my musical knowledge with the world. Every little bit helps and I will personally thank each and every one of you.

http://www.gofundme.com/3iykj8

Thank you!

Rawr, no pressure at all dude. I immensely appreciate the emotional gesture.

Potatobadger, seriously thank you. Let me know a little bit about you (or another person) and I'll start working on it asap.

Holy crap you worked on XCOM? Yeah srsly why you on here, I mean, I'm glad you're contributing this kind of community but wow. Thats pretty snazzy.

I'd totally send you some cash if I had any. If I make some money off of my art commissions I'll send some your way.

@KgZ

I guess I'll re-post my introductory post on a lesser known sonic forum.

Hi! My name is Noah Hall.

I have been programming since I was 6 years old. I started programming with a software called Scratch.

I'm going to be a chorus major at Harrison School for the Arts, an audition based arts high school, which is very hard to get in to. I am the 3rd best middle school bass (vocal range) in the state of florida.

Skip to the bass section and look for my name right at the beginning.

I also play piano. A big hobby of mine is to play things by ear on piano. I am working on obtaining the status of Perfect Pitch, which basically means I can hear a note and say it by its name. I can do this with all 12 notes, but either I'm wrong, (I'd say 15% of the time) it takes me a while to think, (Probably 20% of the time) or I get the note right then and there. (65% of the time.)

As of games. The first game I remember playing was Super Mario World, the first game I ever owned was sonic 2 on my cousins old Genesis/Megadrive. (I think the US should have just had Megadrive, it sounds way cooler.)

I personaly like Knuckles Chaotix. I like it a lot because of how fun the multiplayer is. It's awesome. Sonic CD gives me a weird feeling when I play it, I don't know what it is and I don't know why... I'll still play it, and I love it to peices. If anything, Chaotix should make me feel weird, with that crazy art style and insane level design.

That pretty much sums up me.