A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic A.C.(Advanced Chaos) Thread

Sonic Advanced Chaos

NEW UPDATE, Tech Demo v2!

New missions and content!

So I've been working on a fan game for quite a while, and it's been through quite a few changes, and I've been posting in the share screenshots thread, but I thought I should make a thread now.

sonic_a_c____title_screen_by_bcdb111-d69i2m2.png

sonic_a_c____corkscrew_by_bcdb111-d69i1h3.png

Newest Update Video

The engine is based off of Sonic DASH, named the Advanced Engine.

Anyway, I've released a demo for the game here:

http://goo.gl/a2fR1

I really didn't want to make a thread for this, because I'm pretty sure the thread's going to die out pretty soon, since there's not that much to show.

I hope you enjoy it! Thanks. :)

-TruePowerofTeamwork

The level was fun. But there are a lot of bugs and things that keep this from being what I'd consider a great fan game.

*The sprite is so small and the screen resolution so large that it's hard to keep track of the player.

*The homing attack is broken. It has a difficult time keeping track of enemies and at one point when I lost the lock I had on an enemy I got a GM error screen.

*There are lots of areas where if you miss a spring you can die. This of course is true of many newer Sonic games but they generally mark them well and make them easy to hit. Towards the end of the level I jumped towards the next grassy path only to find I fell through and died. Little did I know I was supposed to hit a spring and go into the background.

This game could be really great and you've clearly put effort into it. I hope you spend some time fixing some of the bugs because it could be great. Overall though not bad for a first release.

The level was fun. But there are a lot of bugs and things that keep this from being what I'd consider a great fan game.

*The sprite is so small and the screen resolution so large that it's hard to keep track of the player.

*The homing attack is broken. It has a difficult time keeping track of enemies and at one point when I lost the lock I had on an enemy I got a GM error screen.

*There are lots of areas where if you miss a spring you can die. This of course is true of many newer Sonic games but they generally mark them well and make them easy to hit. Towards the end of the level I jumped towards the next grassy path only to find I fell through and died. Little did I know I was supposed to hit a spring and go into the background.

This game could be really great and you've clearly put effort into it. I hope you spend some time fixing some of the bugs because it could be great. Overall though not bad for a first release.

I forgot to mention, N & M zoom in and out. It doesn't save that yet, when you close the game.

And this demo was really rushed, to try to release on time, and the homing attack was in mid-development, and I forgot to fix that error.

Again I was supposed to make changes to the level design, but again it was rushed.

I new demo will come out soon, with most if not all the fixes, and missions/challenges like in Generations.

The missions are almost done, and I'm working on fixing the homing attack.

Sorry for double post, but I think I fixed the homing attack, it seems to work really well now. Error is fixed for sure.

I knew why the error was caused, and I was aware of the crappy homing attack. It's much better now, if not perfect.

And the level design has been fixed. You can not jump over the ledge, and any tiles closer to the screen disappear unless your close enough to the screen, as if they're behind the camera. Same goes for the middle path, if your in the back path, the middle will disappear.

And I fixed lots of errors and issues with the newest version.

These would have been fixed already if I didn't rush it. I also didn't have enough people to test it. If you would like to test it, add me on Skype, or contact my YouTube profile, or if you have nether, you can PM me on this forum. Ether way, I should be able to get the file to you.

Thanks for the input! It's well appreciated. :D

Have a nice day. :)