A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

All that Crazy stuff from the ATS thread

Aizen90

The like 4 our of the 6 stages have HUGE sections of the levels dedicated to being underwater. Underwater stuff in Sonic is awful. I think some of the enemies are kind of BS like that sugar dude with the fire. In fact honestly I just did not like the sugar levels at all. The first two suffered from the underwater problem + those enemies, and the third act was just a mess all around. Hopefully it'll improve as the game goes on.

I don't even know what your first sentence meant, but anyway, not every underwater section in every sonic game is bad, plus this let's you keep the bubble so you can't drown and has sugar rush sections where you can run very fast, both these things made me really enjoy the underwater segments. And as for act 3, if you time your jumps right, the waves can actually help you reach higher platforms/routes and avoid enemies, it's a useful gimmick.

As for being hit by the 'turning sugar into fire guys', be better at playing sonic? Because I didn't feel there were enemy placement issues with those badniks, I've only been hit by them a couple of times fairly.

I didn't realize on that certain track that it was Andy singing most of it until I went and rewatched the start of Gwolf's twitch video (too distracted by difficulty to notice), that's hilarious, XD and it sounds awesome good job.

hi aizen90 i know you want to marry lake feaperd and have his feaplettes but the game isn't flawless by any stretch and the water stuff is bad just like it's bad in the sonic games and those sugar enemies aren't set up on the stage well and the 3rd sugar stage is a mess. the kirby powerup stuff was also really bad but ive complained about that from the beginning so w/e

hi aizen90 i know you want to marry lake feaperd and have his feaplettes but the game isn't flawless by any stretch and the water stuff is bad just like it's bad in the sonic games and those sugar enemies aren't set up on the stage well and the 3rd sugar stage is a mess. the kirby powerup stuff was also really bad but ive complained about that from the beginning so w/e

DESTROY ALL THE NON-BELIEVERS

WE MUST SACRIFICE DUCKBOY IN THE NAME OF THE GREAT LAKE FEPPERD

ALL HAIL THE CULT OF THE LAKE

Okay Duckboy you may think it's fanboy praising, I'm actually countering points that I feel are edging on nit picking and people who just aren't good at playing certain parts of the game but whine about it, your response to my post btw was nothing but simply repeating what you already said without any elaboration, unlike mine. I have noticed a couple of legit criticisms that have been brought up but just not been bothered to post about them, sooo, okay...hope you all enjoy your little caps locks there I guess.

Okay Duckboy you may think it's fanboy praising, I'm actually countering points that I feel are edging on nit picking and people who just aren't good at playing certain parts of the game but whine about it, your response to my post btw was nothing but simply repeating what you already said without any elaboration, unlike mine. I have noticed a couple of legit criticisms that have been brought up but just not been bothered to post about them, sooo, okay...hope you all enjoy your little caps locks there I guess.

hey guys i'm okay with legit criticism unless it's legit criticism i don't agree with then it's nitpicking and you just aren't good at the game! l2p!!!!

Guest Mr Lange

Only two of the stages have major underwater sections. Two other stages have minor underwater sections.

Horizon Heights Act 3 has a couple brief underwater sections, but it is easy as hell.

Sugar Splash has the most, obviously, most or all of which can be avoided by sticking to the high path. Otherwise they're actually less difficult than Labyrinth Zone, so there's no room to complain.

Moon Mansion has some more, which are about as difficult as Labyrinth Zone. Again, a lot of these can be avoided by sticking to the high path thanks to Lake's great level design.

Redhot Ride has a bit of water going on in Act 1, then Acts 2 and 3 have "underlava" sections, also optional, that are not very difficult.

As for Kirby powerups, Lake did a great job with their incorporation and they're very fun. Only one level in the main game requires them; they're completely optional the rest of the game (provided you find them...). On top of that, the ONLY thing the Kirby powerups do is make the X button do something. You could literally ignore it and the gameplay would be identical.

These are seriously stupid complaints.

i know you want to marry lake feaperd and have his feaplettes

xD

But Lake is a robot, robots can't have feaplettes :o

Only two of the stages have major underwater sections. Two other stages have minor underwater sections.

Horizon Heights Act 3 has a couple brief underwater sections, but it is easy as hell.

Sugar Splash has the most, obviously, most or all of which can be avoided by sticking to the high path. Otherwise they're actually less difficult than Labyrinth Zone, so there's no room to complain.

Moon Mansion has some more, which are about as difficult as Labyrinth Zone. Again, a lot of these can be avoided by sticking to the high path thanks to Lake's great level design.

Redhot Ride has a bit of water going on in Act 1, then Acts 2 and 3 have "underlava" sections, also optional, that are not very difficult.

As for Kirby powerups, Lake did a great job with their incorporation and they're very fun. Only one level in the main game requires them; they're completely optional the rest of the game (provided you find them...). On top of that, the ONLY thing the Kirby powerups do is make the X button do something. You could literally ignore it and the gameplay would be identical.

These are seriously stupid complaints.

This is the Sonic fanbase, we find flaws in the flawless, we see thing other don't, we bitch about perfection, we are the superior human beings. OBEY JOIN US.

FUN IS INFINITE WITH SEGA ENTERPRISES

~The Devil.

no you just don't want to admit this fangame has flaws because ???

He never said the game has no flaws. He said that what people are bitching about doesn't need to be bitched about. Needless to say I agree.

EDIT: @Lake: I'm on Windows 8 x64, and it works just fine.

Guest Mr Lange
He never said the game has no flaws. He said that what people are bitching about doesn't need to be bitched about. Needless to say I agree.

Exactly. The game has plenty of flaws that could be complained about (and are by some).

The things that are often being complained about such as Duckboy's here are not flaws in the game as much as they are the player.

Get the new build. (V1.1) it's fixed.

Sorry =/

And hey Mr.potato!

Are you using windows 8? If so, how's the game working on it.

Yea, I'm using 8, and the game works perfectly! No problems at all! Except when I do full screen, there's black borders on the screen. (That doesn't bother me at all) But, I discovered while playing BTS, if I close my laptop screen and re-open it, it covers every inch of the screen with no distortion. But I'm to lazy to do that every time, so I stick with what alt+enter gives me.

To the people arguing about the game:

This is a ridiculous argument. People have opinions. It has been that way forever, and will always be that way. Can't we respect each others opinions? I respect you guy's opinions, I really do. you guys have made some really good points. But still. Just accept how each of you feel.

Take what Mr. Lange said for example:

These things are not flaws in the game as much as they are the player['s opinion].

Exactly. The game has plenty of flaws that could be complained about (and are by some).

The things that are often being complained about such as Duckboy's here are not flaws in the game as much as they are the player.

haha okay you guys are right this fangame is flawless (as long as the flaws arent the ones you think are flaws of course) its like the half life 2 of fangames all hail ats paragon of fangaming :aparty:

haha okay you guys are right this fangame is flawless (as long as the flaws arent the ones you think are flaws of course) its like the half life 2 of fangames all hail ats paragon of fangaming :aparty:

i was going to shoot you with dis shotgun but now i have no need for it.

you're lucky, Just look at my avatar.

EDIT: Alright, let's get serious. Ducky, we aren't saying the game is flawless, but your complaints are a matter of opinion, not facts.

no you just don't want to admit this fangame has flaws because ???

So I guess Lange wants to marry himself according to your logic. I'm still seeing your replies with no actual responses/elaboration on specifically what makes those sections "omg terrible!", and again, no one said the game is without flaws, I've said that some people have brought up a couple of legitimate complaints, but I think what you're saying is rediculous imo. But of course, opinions.

Edit: No wait, you know what, after your latest post, if you're not going to listen to what others are telling you and make up your own assumptions then yeah, you are just acting like a complete and utter dick.

Okay wow I didn't even notice this "hey guys i'm okay with legit criticism unless it's legit criticism i don't agree with then it's nitpicking and you just aren't good at the game! l2p!!!!" Heh I always thought I'd seen your name for a long time and were a long time member of the forums, but I guess you're what, five? Please don't bother getting in a discussion with people until you can stop with the misunderstood childish sarcasm you massive tosser.

MORE RIDICULOUS ARGUING! IMMATURITY ELABORATION AND LAGUAGE AND CRAP!

#1. Could you calm down on the language a bit? The way you used it made you come off as immature and offensive.

#2. If you guys really want to argue over this kind of stuff, please keep it to PM's or IMing or something, I'm getting tired of seeing this stuff.

He's not even exactly arguing at this point. I stated clearly he's being childishly sarcastic to me, Lange/anyone he's responding to about something he's misunderstood, I've only just now gotten a bit irritated by it, but his posts have come off as being in a really assy mood and won't let it go.

I stated clearly he's being childishly sarcastic to me, Lange/anyone he's responding to about something he's misunderstood, I've only just now gotten a bit irritated by it, but his posts have come off as being in a really assy mood and won't let it go.

You never specifically stated "childishly sarcastic" anywhere. You did indeed call him a, "tosser"

May I ask what that means?

don't bother getting in a discussion with people until you can stop with the misunderstood childish sarcasm.

Also, read what I specifically quoted from him, and furthermore, READ. HIS. POSTS.

This is getting really tiring, it would go a lot smoother if you would carefully read previous comments for yourself instead of relying on me. I've done nothing except bring up a few points against people bitching because they suck at water sections that are actually better than most other water sections in official sonic games, what in the hell has caused these kinds of replies to me? The only time I started talking with a insulting tone was after Duckboy made three dickish replies. And then for some reason the caps lock brigade arrived during that too. You people need to calm the hell down, this is seriously ridiculous.